Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Called Tomball, best price so far and seem like good folks

Comment

I vote for Tomball Pawn or AGR Outdoors. They both are my cousins and they will do you right.

Comment

My last new gun came from Tomball Pawn and it was a great experience.

Gun Emporium does great things to help our 4-H shotgun team so I would certainly give them a shot if I were in the markey.

Comment

I pretty much buy everything online and have it shipped to my friendly neighborhood FFL, $20 transfer later and Im out of there.
          no sales tax, a lot of time free shipping and a lower price on the weapon than local shops.

Comment

Carter's Country (especially the store on I-10) has the rudest employees I've ever encountered.
            If only Capt. Gus or Call could go in there and whip them into shape.

Collector's used to be pretty bad, but I believe they have gotten better.
            Collector's can be overpriced on some items, but I've always managed to find at least one really good deal while Im in there.

Comment

If you ever get down 59 a little ways Carrol's Gun Shop in Wharton is pretty good. They have a fairly large selection of good used guns as well. There's also a certified Remington Gunsmith in there just FYI for anyone with warranty work. I had a Remington that needed some warranty work and they wanted me to ship it to NY. I asked them if I could take it to Wharton and they said sure... lots easier than shipping the gun to NY.

Comment

I like Tomball pawn and take a look at Independence Firearms north of Brenham if you don't mind a little drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
                  If you're looking for handguns, Shooter's Station on 105 west is pretty good. A little pricey, but great customer service.

Dave
                  I don't know, but I bought an AR from them, and my salesman kinda seemed like a used car salesman. Maybe it was just an isolated experience but I didn't care alot for the place.

Comment

Good help here.....looks like I have a couple places to hit up Saturday after my kids Super Bowl game. I will concur about Carter's Country and the bias, but they weren't overly offensive. The GUN stores off of I-10 in Katy was great with customer service and price. Selection was good, just to didn't have exactly what I was looking for at this time. I will be going back there though....
                    Last edited by bluelund79; 12-13-2011, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Thumbs down to Collectors and Carter's for me. Both are rude and highly bias. My vote is for Tomball Pawn and Tactical firearms in Katy. Both have awesome customer service and really great prices.

Comment

Carter's has,by far, the worst sales staff when it comes to actually wanting to look at something, or finding someone to get small ticket items that arent on the shelf. theyd rather take a beating than smile or be polite. the only reason i go there is for the reloading section. hard to beat them with any store in the area.

Comment

For reloading stuff you would love 10 Ring on Jones in Cypress Tommy

Comment

Gun Emporium on 2854 just west of Conroe....Emmit Kelly is the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                              Try the little shop right off of 1314 and 105 by Conroe vet clinic. Pretty good people to deal with.
                              Who owns this shop Scott? Is it the Cook family?

Comment

Independence Firearms just outside of Brenham. They do tremendous volumns so their prices are low, and it's located on a country road so they don't have the overhead the Houston stores have.

Comment

Working...
                                X