Neighbor wants us to help pay for his high fence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
    nope, tell him you'll pay half of the lower part of the fence.
    agreed....

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Just tell him you don't believe in high fences. Most of TBH will back you up.
      This. Ask him how a high fence is neighborly.

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by 3R_RANCH View Post

I told him we will replace the low fence with a new low fence and he can help us pay for that if he wants, but we will not contribute any money towards a high fence...
        I think this is right!

Comment

I'd pay half the cost for a low fence, the rest would be on him.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
            nope, tell him you'll pay half of the lower part of the fence.
            I wouldn't even do that unless my intention was to eventually high fence my entire place.

Comment

If you are going to high fence yours eventually I say it's fair. If not, I would not pay half.

Comment

hmmm.. half off a section of HF, you got two sections of HF free.....
                or let him pay the whole thing.. you'll STILL be HF on three sides...just with not as neighborly a neighbor.. which may be perfectly fine with you. (if i wasnt interested in HF my property and the neighbor was... i wouldnt fork over money for his HF either... but i would take into consideration future endeavors with this neighbor..and what they might be worth)
                How much is your friendship worth with this neighbor is what it comes down to as compared to your hatred of HF..?
                Last edited by systemnt; 08-11-2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

See if he wants to buy the 175 acres. I would not want to have 3 sides high fenced on that acreage. I feel for you man!

I agree that you should not feel obligated to pitch in on a high fence unless you are wanting your place high fenced. Low fence, then you need to pay your half.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    I would offer to contribute half the cost of a low fence.
                    ^^^^^ This

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      Just tell him you don't believe in high fences. Most HUNTERS will back you up.
                      Fixed it for you.

Comment

Lol I bet he does..
                        That would be a short lived conversation for me.. "Yea right" lol
                        He don't need your money.. He just wants it...
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 08-11-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

nope!

Comment

Ha. I guess it costs nothing to ask.

Comment

Some of y'all crack me up with your bad boy internet responses. Let me just start by saying I've been your neighbor. It's his prerogative to high fence not yours. IMO the right thing to do is offer to pay for half of what a LOW FENCE would cost. If he refuses to take you up on that then once again, his prerogative. If you don't like that idea and offer nothing then if I'm your neighbor I back MY fence off the property line a bit and when your cows or something else that belongs to you messes it up.... you deal with the legal consequences. Been there done that.... pretty simple.

Comment

Tell him you want him to split your truck payment with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X