slow video of my doe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
    I just figured out how to make my cell phone camera take video in 120 fps slow motion. Man, it does super slow & smooth, but in that mode it does not record sound.

Rick
    nice, what phone does that?

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
      nice, what phone does that?
      Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

You can take 120 fps slow motion in 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 speed, and it is fluid smooth video. I did a night shot video with a lighted nock a few minutes ago in 1/4 speed. It was awesome smooth. The shot was only from 20 yards, but the slow motion made it seem like 100 yards or more when watching the video.

There are two drawbacks to it however:

(1) as I mention before, it does not record sound when in slow motion mode.

(2) You can view the video on the phone in real time speed, but you cannot save it to any other device in any speed other than the selected of the 3 speeds listed above, so if you video in slow motion you are stuck with it for sharing like on youtube or whatever.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
        Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

You can take 120 fps slow motion in 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 speed, and it is fluid smooth video. I did a night shot video with a lighted nock a few minutes ago in 1/4 speed. It was awesome smooth. The shot was only from 20 yards, but the slow motion made it seem like 100 yards or more when watching the video.

There are two drawbacks to it however:

(1) as I mention before, it does not record sound when in slow motion mode.

(2) You can view the video on the phone in real time speed, but you cannot save it to any other device in any speed other than the selected of the 3 speeds listed above, so if you video in slow motion you are stuck with it for sharing like on youtube or whatever.

Rick
        appreciate that info, thanks

one thing, if you can only save in 1/2 speed, it's prolly only shooting in 60 fps...

in fact, i looked up the specs and found this...

3840×2160 (4K) (30 fps), 1920×1080 (1080p HD) (60 fps)

Read more: http://wccftech.com/galaxy-note-4-vs...#ixzz3obBIFwvQ

still cool that a cell phone has advanced to 60 fps....

Comment

sorry to hijack, back on the doe kill...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
            That is an awesome video.
            X2

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
              sorry to hijack, back on the doe kill...

Thanks. I went through it again and you can see the broadhead sticking out the other side.

Comment

Sweet nice shooting and video

Comment

That's interesting to watch the arrow's flight and the deer's reaction from start to finish...sort of a 'short story' of what happens in the blink of an eye. Very useful info. Re arrow placement questions, if you put your cursor on the spot on the deer that you'd likely aim at for that hard quartering angle, and then leave it there throughout the video, you can see that the arrow actually hits quite close to the optimal 'spot' for the situation. I.e., that was a good shot.

The doe's post-impact reaction and travel distance gives an idea of what an animal experiences for post-shot trauma on well-placed bow shots. Running due to initial fright reaction from noise/movement (normal), no obvious pain-based trauma in her stride (normal), single digit seconds before she lost body control/conciousness. If only all critters could be lucky enough to expire that quickly and mercifully when their time came. Nature isn't nearly as forgiving as an ethical hunting shot.

Close range, good shot placement, well done Sir!

Comment

Thanks. It was epic at that range.

Comment

Working...
                    X