Ceviche- what is your best recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceviche- what is your best recipe?

I have some shrimp in lime juice now. I typically make it with pico, shrimp, hot sauce, ketchup, and some garlic salt.

But I'm up for some other recipes. How do you make it?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This one looked good.

Comment

Homemade and fish I catch on my own. I usually do it with fish that has a spongy more solid texture but I’ll do it with any fish.

Lime juice
      Orange juice
      Jalapeño
      Bell pepper
      Tomato
      Onion
      Cilantro
      Garlic
      Salt

Sometimes I change it up with some mango, peppercorn, or habaneros. Just what I’m in the mood for really. I made some 2 weeks ago out of sheepshead and mangrove snapper.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
        Homemade and fish I catch on my own. I usually do it with fish that has a spongy more solid texture but I’ll do it with any fish.

Lime juice
        Orange juice
        Jalapeño
        Bell pepper
        Tomato
        Onion
        Cilantro
        Garlic
        Salt

Sometimes I change it up with some mango, peppercorn, or habaneros. Just what I’m in the mood for really. I made some 2 weeks ago out of sheepshead and mangrove snapper.
        Is that basically adding the shrimp, lime juice, and orange juice to pico de gallo and adding salt to taste?

Comment

I just do fish or shrimp with lime juice and use heb pico I usually do 1 to 1 regular and mango. Season to taste with Tony’s and sometimes add extra cilantro and top with avocado. Think I got the idea of here it’s dang good

Comment

Try this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              Is that basically adding the shrimp, lime juice, and orange juice to pico de gallo and adding salt to taste?
              It’s close but making it all myself I can use as much or as little of some ingredients to get a desired taste.

Also avocado is a must when I’m making for myself.

Comment

I’ve gone to the coast the last two weekends spearfishing at the rigs and did really well. Lots of red snapper, mangrove snapper, couple of rainbow runners and a 90# cobia. That was a toad!!
                But the red snapper and rainbow runner were my favorite.

About 11/2 lbs snapper
                6 limes
                1 orange
                Red onion
                Jalapeño
                Bunch of cilantro
                3 Roma tomatoes
                1 avocado
                Good pinch of Mexican oregano
                Salt/pepper

Let fish cook in juice at least 3 hours, have all other goodies prepped cold and ready to go and combine. Enjoy
                Attached Files

Comment

I don’t have a recipe but I like using fresh speckled trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                    I’ve gone to the coast the last two weekends spearfishing at the rigs and did really well. Lots of red snapper, mangrove snapper, couple of rainbow runners and a 90# cobia. That was a toad!!
                    But the red snapper and rainbow runner were my favorite.

About 11/2 lbs snapper
                    6 limes
                    1 orange
                    Red onion
                    Jalapeño
                    Bunch of cilantro
                    3 Roma tomatoes
                    1 avocado
                    Good pinch of Mexican oregano
                    Salt/pepper

Let fish cook in juice at least 3 hours, have all other goodies prepped cold and ready to go and combine. Enjoy
                    That looks so good

Comment

Fished with Slew and Gladesgator at the crappie get together last weekend and Gladesgator made some fresh on the boat with crappie

Simple lime juice, chopped onion, cilantro and could have been something else in it.

Basic but delicious

Last time I made it I pretty much did what Maui-diver posted but with crappie

Comment

Tagged to read later.

Comment

Man I love some ceviche. Not sure I could do the trout route though. I haven't cleaned a trout in years that wasn't full of worms. (I clean a lot of trout too). I eat them, but I put the heat to em. Guess I like my worms cooked with heat. [emoji12]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pico de Gallo, lime, avocado and fish. Season to taste with slap your momma or your favorite seasoning.
                            If you add ketchup then you are making a Mexican seafood cocktail which is good also.

Comment

4 snapper filets
                              2 tomatoes or 4 Roma's seeded. Home grown if you got em.
                              10 limes
                              1 red onion
                              8 small extra sweet peppers of different colors (yellow, red, orange)
                              3 jalapeño
                              1 cup of fresh cilantro chopped
                              6 cloves of garlic
                              A teaspoon of Cumin
                              4 avocados.
                              Kosher salt and pepper to taste.
                              Plain tortilla chips or what ever you want to eat it on.

Cube fish fillets about 1/4" in size.
                              Squeeze 8 limes and stir into fish. Cover and refrigerate for approx 3 hours.
                              While fish is cooking, cube vegetables about 1/8" size.
                              Mince garlic.
                              Chop cilantro fine.
                              Place vegetables in plastic bag and mix thoroughly.
                              When fish is done (white or a little pink if you prefer) pour off of lime juice and discard.
                              Mix in vegetables, add cumin, kosher salt and pepper.
                              Cube the avocados about 1/4" in size. Squeeze the last 2 limes over the cubed avocados to prevent browning.
                              Gently fold the avocados into the ceviche until thoroughly mixed in.
                              Serve with tortilla chips.

Alternate ideas:
                              Rye crisps instead of chips. Might work.
                              Cajun seasoning added to taste. May try that next time.
                              A dash of Tabasco on each chip full of ceviche sounds mighty fine too.

Comment

Working...
                              X