FSC Week 36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSC Week 36

Print this image to a standard sheet of printer paper for your target, or hand draw it as close as possible.

Strike the match.

17.5 yards any position.
    7 yards for the kiddos.

Closest arrow (edge of shaft) to white dot at tip of match wins the call for next week.

In case of a tie - We'll cross that bridge if we get there.

Rick
    Attached Files

Awesome fun! Good call Rick.

Comment

Cool challenge!

Comment

I'll start; in the ballpark, at least: 1-3/4".

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a darn good shot Ellis.

Rick

Comment

Thanks. Prolly work for most things.

Comment

Good shooting TT. Whats your shooting rig and setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                Good shooting TT. Whats your shooting rig and setup?
                Thanks, Briar. Sounds like you want details, so here goes.

That's a 680-grain arrow, with about 27% FOC (400 grains up front between 300-grain field tip and 100-grain brass insert); arrow is 400 spine carbon Warrior (cheap) with 3 parabolic fletchings about 31-1/2" from nock throat to back of insert. (Cut it an 1/8" at a time using a triangular file to tune for heavy tip.)

Bow is custom 3-piece take-down Jay Weathers recurve. I measured it at 70+lbs@28. My drawlength is officially 27", but may actually draw a little less to corner of mouth, so will conservatively say I'm shooting bow at about 65 lbs. Anyway, arrows fly pretty quick!

Miscellaneaous: use a Duraglove, which works great and cured numbness in middle finger that I was having with a regular single-ply leather glove.

Aiming Method: shoot totally instinctive -- just try to look at the spot and let brain guide bow hand to proper elevation. Any side to side deviation is not exactly my brain's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Thanks, Briar. Sounds like you want details, so here goes.

That's a 680-grain arrow, with about 27% FOC (400 grains up front between 300-grain field tip and 100-grain brass insert); arrow is 400 spine carbon Warrior (cheap) with 3 parabolic fletchings about 31-1/2" from nock throat to back of insert. (Cut it an 1/8" at a time using a triangular file to tune for heavy tip.)

Bow is custom 3-piece take-down Jay Weathers recurve. I measured it at 70+lbs@28. My drawlength is officially 27", but may actually draw a little less to corner of mouth, so will conservatively say I'm shooting bow at about 65 lbs. Anyway, arrows fly pretty quick!

Miscellaneaous: use a Duraglove, which works great and cured numbness in middle finger that I was having with a regular single-ply leather glove.

Aiming Method: shoot totally instinctive -- just try to look at the spot and let brain guide bow hand to proper elevation. Any side to side deviation is not exactly my brain's fault.
                  Fantastic! Thats alot of cleaver. Thanks for sharing TT.

Comment

Have a good day Yall.
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

That'll work!

Comment

These will work! Abowyer Brown Bears right wing stainless screw on 250gn.
                        Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Well haven't shot in a few days because of weather, work and scouts. And it showed. First shot with Sacagawea was left and real low. The second I got it up but still left. Took me a few arrows to get the brain back in line with how she shoots but I eventually nailed one down.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

There ya go, Gary!

Comment

Y'all get out, get yer feet wet, and shoot this shot.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X