Drop-tined Freakazoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop-tined Freakazoid

I got to the ranch to late to hunt Wednesday but I was in the blind early Thanksgiving morning. I watched a great show of bucks and does early but not one that I would call a shooter and then this buck comes in and chases a doe around the area. He would not present me with a shot for an hour and then he stood broadside at 40 yards for a brief moment. I was starting to draw back when he spotted another doe and off he goes. He never did present another shot opportunity that morning. I had to go to a family Thanksgiving dinner at noon down the road so I had to get back to the house and get ready. I left the party around 3:00 in the afternoon to try an evening hunt but I did not go back to the same blind as it is close to the house and the rest of family would getting back around prime time and I did not want the noise of the cars and trucks to interfere with my hunt. At another blind I saw some other small bucks and does but I kept thinking about the buck I had seen earlier that morning so I did not take a shot. The next morning I was back in the blind that is close to the house since I knew that the rest of the family members would not be up and around till later in the morning. The feeder went off at 7:00 and there were a few bucks and does milling around when I spotted the Freakaziod buck coming in to check if there were any does that he could bother. He chased one for about 20 minutes before deciding that she was not ready. He came in to the side of the feed pen and faced me for 5 minutes before he decided to eat a little corn. When he turned the corner of the feed pen and was turned quartering away a small 8 pointed was blocking any shot. When the 8 pointer moved out of the way I had already drawn back and was putting the red dot scope on his shoulder. When I released the arrow I saw it hit and he whirled around and made it only 20 yards when he fell over. A 20 yard shot and a 20 yard run. I watched him for only a couple of minutes and he did not move. I climbed out of the blind and picked up my arrow and walked over to him. I laid my Bear Truth on him and gave a little thanks for allowing me to take a Buck like this. I walked back to the house and got the rest of the family up to see him, it was 7:30, not bad for morning hunt. There are 9 points that are 4 inches and longer with the longest being a 8 ½ inches and the drop-tine is 7 inches long and a few other points and that are 7/8 of an inch or shorter and it looks like one tine was broken off of the freak side. I would guess that he was 4 1/2 years old critter.

very cool lookin buck..congrats!!!

Comment

Great recap, Congrats on a real cool buck

Comment

very cool buck

Comment

Very cool buck.

Comment

Thats kewl I like

Comment

Congrats on the droptine buck

Comment

Congrats! Gotta love trash!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats. Definately a conversation rack.

Comment

I'll agree with all the replies so far. very COOL buck!

Comment

awsome...gotta love the cool freaks there unique just like us Bowhunts...

Comment

The blood spot on his neck is that the hit or a wound????

Comment

Very cool deer. congrats

Comment

great deer

Comment

Originally posted by HEARTBUSTER View Post
                              The blood spot on his neck is that the hit or a wound????
                              Exit hole, quartering away took out both lungs. He fell down on other (entry ) side lots and lots of blood.

Comment

Working...
                              X