Red Light Camera ticket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    I did a little research on this and there are more accidents getting rear-ended from people trying to stop at the red lights then running them. so I'm going to run everyone I see
    Sounds like have a problem driver inattention and following too closely.

Comment

I got one in Magnolia for a right on red violation going east at 1488 and 1774. There is a sign idenfying the photo enforcement going west but not one going east. I see the west bound camera light up like a Christmas tree all the time as people roll through the intersection. Agree it’s just a money grab. So now when I have a choice of where I spend my money the businesses in the city of Magnolia are at the bottom of the list. BTW Montgomery county does not recognize the scofflaw thing. So no worries with registration.

Comment

Throw it in the trash. I got one a couple years ago in Denton and never paid it.I looked at the address on the ticket they sent me and the company was out of Arizona

Comment

Just got jinxed, sort of.

Wife grabbed the mail before she picked up son from school. While she was waiting she took a picture of an envelope addressed to me that noted "Immediate Attention Required", "Traffic Violation Enclosed". Of course she likes to give me s*&t whenever the door opens or deserved. And she gave me a big dose today over this.

Came home from work, opened the mail, bills, ect. The vehicle in the picture for the violation is hers! She was driving. City just notes the vehicle in my name.

Lesson to be noted.

And the company that sent the violation is in AZ. "WE" are paying for this one. She deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
            That's not it at all I ran the light I was guilty I paid my fine. Had it been the other way I would have contested it. Problem we have in this country nobody wants to take responsibility for their actions.
            Tell me, do you send money to the city everytime you speed, or roll through a red light? If not, your not being responsible for your actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
              Tell me, do you send money to the city everytime you speed, or roll through a red light? If not, your not being responsible for your actions.
              I love it when someone tries to play the holier than thou card.......only to be brought crashing back down to earth, with a loud thud!

Comment

Send them a picture of $75.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                  Send them a picture of $75.

Winner

Comment

I bring this back up because...............

I got one before Christmas in Denton. The traffic violation paperwork is from the City of Denton with an Officer's info and signature on it like he watched the video. I can go view the picture and video online it says.

It says failure to reply will result in $25 late payment added.

$75 payment is Option A, Option C is a hearing request. Payment can be made at www.photonotice.com

My question is since I don't live in or near Denton and don't plan on going back, what will happen if I don't pay?

Comment

Well I found this from few months back in Denton. Looks like I won't be paying it as the news article says nothing will happen, no warrant and nothing can be done if unpaid

Comment

I aint paying mine....the **** car in front of me stopped 100' too soon for their turn and I came to a stop in the middle of the intersection to avoid hitting them....

Nothing will be done...

And 85% of the money goes to the law firm sending the letters...this one is in Ohio...

I aint sending money from Tomball to Ohio

Comment

I worked several cases as a pi in Lubbock and Amarillo involving red light cameras. first txdot has specific rules as to what the length of a yellow light can be for a given speed limit. most cities with red light cameras can more than increase revenue from them by 800% by shortening them by fractions of a second. then if you research studies done on the intersections with shortened lights there is up to a 40%increase in rear end accidents.
                          tell me its not all about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            don't run red lights?
                            This!

Everyone else on this thread is just trying to 'out-macho' the previous post by saying 'Don't pay!' , ... its just funny how ridiculous it is.

Comment

I had a few I never paid.........until I tried to renew the registration on my vehicle. They said they couldn’t renew my registration until I paid the tickets. (Or maybe it was my license......)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                                I had a few I never paid.........until I tried to renew the registration on my vehicle. They said they couldn’t renew my registration until I paid the tickets. (Or maybe it was my license......)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I have got a couple. One in Tomball over 6 or 7 years ago and one in Diboll last year. Trash canned them both. Diboll started calling me and I talked to the lady and was very polite and advised I was not paying and that I looked forward to talking to her from time to time. That's the last I heard from her

I've renewed my DL and registrations multiple times since both of these.

Comment

Working...
                                X