SEVR Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
    I mean I’m not throwing shade but you could just cut to the chase and shoot a 1-9/16” fixed cut Simmons and be done with all this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If all we were talking about is cutting diameter you’d be right. I’ve never seen a 2” fixed blade that could remotely touch the flight characteristics of a low profile mechanical like this. If that was possible, no one would make or shoot mechanical heads.

D

Comment

Originally posted by dk_ace View Post
      If all we were talking about is cutting diameter you’d be right. I’ve never seen a 2” fixed blade that could remotely touch the flight characteristics of a low profile mechanical like this. If that was possible, no one would make or shoot mechanical heads.

D

It’s all about the the right arrow and the right tune.

Comment

D

And to your point I’ve never seen a mechanical that could remotely touch a fixed two blade in terms of penetration potential, mechanical advantage and reliability. Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
          And to your point I’ve never seen a mechanical that could remotely touch a fixed two blade in terms of penetration potential, mechanical advantage and reliability. Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.

None of that does anything if you don’t hit the target...

I bareshaft tune my rigs and have no issues getting great arrow flight, but a 2” fixed head is going to get pushed around in the wind quite a bit. That’s the point of a mechanical for me. Great flight in all conditions and a big cut. They’re also a little more forgiving to shoot.

I also shoot fixed heads, have nothing against them especially when I have . But when I want to be able to shoot long range, might have wind to deal with, and want to make a big hole, it’s time to grab a good mechanical. It’s not about koolaid its about picking the right tool for the job.

D

Comment

None of that does anything if you don’t hit the target...

I bareshaft tune my rigs and have no issues getting great arrow flight, but a 2” fixed head is going to get pushed around in the wind quite a bit. That’s the point of a mechanical for me. Great flight in all conditions and a big cut. They’re also a little more forgiving to shoot.

I also shoot fixed heads, have nothing against them especially when I have . But when I want to be able to shoot long range, might have wind to deal with, and want to make a big hole, it’s time to grab a good mechanical. It’s not about koolaid its about picking the right tool for the job.

D
            If your arrow is tuned correctly a 2 in fixed is not going to be pushed around. But you have to know how to tune a set up for this type of head.

This tune includes moving foc around. Then adjusting fletchings to 𝖢𝗈𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗅 the head. This is all part of tuneing. Most do not know nor do this.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              If your arrow is tuned correctly a 2 in fixed is not going to be pushed around. But you have to know how to tune a set up for this type of head.

This tune includes moving foc around. Then adjusting fletchings to 𝖢𝗈𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝗅 the head. This is all part of tuneing. Most do not know nor do this.
              I know and do those things, and I’ll still contend that no large fixed head flies as well as a quality mechanical at long distance in the wind. The reason for that is no mystery, look at the horizontal profile of the arrow which is what the wind is affecting. Adding more fletching will help to keep the broadhead from taking over the arrow flight, but it just makes the wind drift problem worse.

You cannot tune a bow in such a way that the physical profile of the arrow becomes smaller.

Mechanical heads have less surface area for the wind to effect, and require less fletching to steer them. That means it is possible get good arrow flight with less wind drift, making it easier to hit your target.

Back to the sevr heads... I’m going to try a few. Ordered some trypans as well. Testing a handful of heads to see what comes out on top for me this year. I had high hopes for the new ulmer head, but I’m really not sure about that blade angle or the pivoting function.

D

Comment

Working...
              X