Buying insurance vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying insurance vehicles

Maybe the title isnt the best way to ask it, but has anyone had experience buying a salvage vehicle from an insurance company? One that can be rebuilt fairly easily, like a theft claim or something? Wondering what the best way to go about searching for one is, aside from hitting the salvage yards for one thats been picked over. Specifically looking for a Jeep YJ or TJ.

Onliine auctions. Or you can go in person. Look on copart.com.

Comment

I’m not allowed to buy them but if I could I would be looking at copart.com and/or Iaa

Comment

They are very hard to borrow money on, which can come into play when you want to sell. I won't do loans on them at all. Something to think about before you put much money in one. Typically about 40-50% value of non-salvage.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          They are very hard to borrow money on, which can come into play when you want to sell. I won't do loans on them at all. Something to think about before you put much money in one. Typically about 40-50% value of non-salvage.
          I understand that, but I don’t plan on selling it. I have had 2 and regret ever selling them, so this will be a keeper to use when hunting and for cruising.

Comment

Working...
          X