Lake O The Pines / Other Camping Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake O The Pines / Other Camping Ideas

Anybody ever been camping at Lake O The Pines?

We are picking up our RV on Saturday and wanting to take a weekend getaway in March. I've heard good things LOTP, but if anybody has a park they could recommend that would be awesome.

Any other places you guys know that has great camping and things to do let me know, preferably within 3-4 hours of DFW.

We already got Fredricksburg planned for October.

Alley creek is the best camping area on the north side in my opinion. Has alot more shade, campsites are spaced out more and is more family friendly. Just my .02 cents

Comment

Thanks. Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Garbuster View Post
        Alley creek is the best camping area on the north side in my opinion. Has alot more shade, campsites are spaced out more and is more family friendly. Just my .02 cents
        2nd this.

Comment

Caddo Lake State Park. Much prettier in my opinion.

Comment

I grew up there and I think all of the camp grounds are great. Last time we stayed at Brushy creek and I would recommend it.

Comment

Pine Creek Lake in southeastern Oklahoma. It's about 40 miles west of Broken Bow. Beautiful little lake with good fishing, especially crappie in the spring. We camp there every spring when we canoe the Glover and Upper Mountain Fork rivers. They have full RV hookups, clean restrooms with showers etc. Located about 3 hours northeast of the DFW metroplex.

Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department's comprehensive site containing travel information, attractions, lodging, dining, and events.

Comment

Great stuff! Keep them coming

Comment

Not sure about the camping but lake o the pines has great fishing!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlueEyes View Post
                    I grew up there and I think all of the camp grounds are great. Last time we stayed at Brushy creek and I would recommend it.
                    We have stayed there a couple of times as well and highly recommend it. Lots of nice places to camp on LOP. Fishing for big cats down below the dam is nice as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X