Travel Camera Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Camera Recommendations

Hey guys & gals - Looking for recs on a nice point & shoot that can fit in your pocket (even if a little snug). There are times I don't want to lug around my DSLR and lenses, but still want the opportunity to get some good shots.

Video quality doesn't matter - I have a dedicated video camera, if I need it. Needs to shoot RAW, and a decent sensor size. Would be used for a little of everything, nature, landscapes, family vacation, etc.

I've read online until my head explodes, so I thought I would ask around and see what you suggest. Fire away!

A Sony A6000 or one of Fuji's multitude of small mirrorless won't be much larger than an point and shoot and you can still use good lenses

Comment

Originally posted by FriscoAg View Post
      Hey guys & gals - Looking for recs on a nice point & shoot that can fit in your pocket (even if a little snug). There are times I don't want to lug around my DSLR and lenses, but still want the opportunity to get some good shots.

Video quality doesn't matter - I have a dedicated video camera, if I need it. Needs to shoot RAW, and a decent sensor size. Would be used for a little of everything, nature, landscapes, family vacation, etc.

I've read online until my head explodes, so I thought I would ask around and see what you suggest. Fire away!
      All of these will shoot RAW.

Comment

Canon EOS M50

Honestly had forgotten I listed it until i saw this. I should quit drinking at work

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
          Been looking at the new RX-100 VII but that price tag!!!

Comment

Question, Bill - as a longtime Canon user, how difficult is it to manage the Sony controls? I've heard they're a little more complex than others.

Comment

Sonys are super customizable, will take a little getting used to be they all work pretty much the same.

Comment

Question, Bill - as a longtime Canon user, how difficult is it to manage the Sony controls? I've heard they're a little more complex than others.
                Once you get into the menu system it is pretty intuitive. This has improved with each generation as well. As stated by Josh, they are really customizable. I don't use near the features on my two that are available. I believe that Michael has a generation of the RX100. You might seek some advise from him. Good luck with it.

Hoping the 200-600 ships to me tomorrow. Been pre-ordered for 2 months now.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                  Canon EOS M50

Honestly had forgotten I listed it until i saw this. I should quit drinking at work
                  My pockets aren't that big! lol Nice camera, though.

Comment

I've been eyeing the panasonic lumix micro 4/3 cameras. Tiny and lots of features. Some are good for video too which is nice too.

Comment

If you wanna go cheap those Fuji XE series cameras are around $200 for the first 2 generations all over ebay

I would really recommend something like that with interchangeable lenses over any point and shoot

Comment

I may have pre-ordered the Sony RX100 VII. Had a ton of B&H gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. Only covered about half of it, though! lol

Comment

I may have pre-ordered the Sony RX100 VII. Had a ton of B&H gift cards burning a hole in my pocket. Only covered about half of it, though! lol

I believe you will really enjoy that camera.

I got some Sony from B&H today.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20190812_122129 RS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	24588377

Comment

Ooooh Nice!!!

Comment

Ooooh Nice!!!
                              Thanks. Look out Woodlands eagles. They are seeing one of the adults there almost daily. It comes and hangs around at the nest.

Comment

Working...
                              X