No announcement yet.

Portable Deer Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekends progress... got the roof AC on and fired up. Blows cold, but it's going to struggle to cool this box in the south Texas sun. I will put a couple coats of reflective coating on the roof next weekend and some of the heat reflecting insulation over the windows on the warm days. Good news is that the 2200 watt Ryobi will run the 13500 BTU AC just fine. Also put some AAA battery operated puck lights in it for a little more 'luminatin.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great job I really like that set up. We hunt just outside of divot. How close to that are you?

Comment

Cool build.

Comment

Originally posted by stxslayer View Post
          Great job I really like that set up. We hunt just outside of divot. How close to that are you?
          Probably 6 or 7 miles west of downtown Divot.

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
            Probably 6 or 7 miles west of downtown Divot.
            Sweet good luck this year

Comment

Nice!

Comment

You did a great job on that rig. I like everything about it.

Sure beats driving back and forth to a motel room...you'll really enjoy that.

Comment

I like it. Simple, effective.

Comment

Have you actually used it ? wondering what you need to add or do different ?

Looks awesome, great job

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                      Have you actually used it ? wondering what you need to add or do different ?

Looks awesome, great job
                      Plan is to pull it down to the lease the first weekend in November. I havent actually stayed in it, but I have tested everything as I go. I'm sure I will change some things once I start using it. I've been thinking things through for a couple of years. The primary goal was to be simple, but comfortable. I still have a list of things I want to add, some this year, some later. Part of the fun is this is an ongoing project. Some future improvements planned are:
                      Indoor/ outdoor carpet
                      Extra vent for some air circulation when it's closed up.
                      Paint trim and cabinets
                      Larger battery bank and at least 1000 watt inverter. Right now using one 12 volt deep cycle, plans for two 6 volt golf cart batteries soon.
                      Removable bunk bed for a third person
                      At least 200 watts of solar panels (or more)
                      Tv/DVD player (possibly adding satellite at some point)(so much for simple)
                      Small frig and microwave
                      Forced air rv gas heater (maybe)

This is a deer lease camper right now, but I hope to pull it across the Rockies at some point. If and when that happens, I will probably add a water tank with 12 volt pump and an awning of some sort.

My father in law says it needs a disco ball and a hot tub, but I think that would cut into my hunting time too much.

Comment

Plan is to pull it down to the lease the first weekend in November. I havent actually stayed in it, but I have tested everything as I go. I'm sure I will change some things once I start using it. I've been thinking things through for a couple of years. The primary goal was to be simple, but comfortable. I still have a list of things I want to add, some this year, some later. Part of the fun is this is an ongoing project. Some future improvements planned are:
                        Indoor/ outdoor carpet
                        Extra vent for some air circulation when it's closed up.
                        Paint trim and cabinets
                        Larger battery bank and at least 1000 watt inverter. Right now using one 12 volt deep cycle, plans for two 6 volt golf cart batteries soon.
                        Removable bunk bed for a third person
                        At least 200 watts of solar panels (or more)
                        Tv/DVD player (possibly adding satellite at some point)(so much for simple)
                        Small frig and microwave
                        Forced air rv gas heater (maybe)

This is a deer lease camper right now, but I hope to pull it across the Rockies at some point. If and when that happens, I will probably add a water tank with 12 volt pump and an awning of some sort.

My father in law says it needs a disco ball and a hot tub, but I think that would cut into my hunting time too much.
                        awesome plan. Not sure if its possible to add to the list but maybe pull up along side of a small covered deck ??? Come out the side door and your still under cover and have some shade.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                          awesome plan. Not sure if its possible to add to the list but maybe pull up along side of a small covered deck ??? Come out the side door and your still under cover and have some shade.
                          Way ahead of you... we have one of the double carports set up at the lease for shade. I'm parking the trailer next to that. I like the way you think.

Comment

Way ahead of you... we have one of the double carports set up at the lease for shade. I'm parking the trailer next to that. I like the way you think.

Ya I like the way u think too ! HAHAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty much ready to go to the lease next weekend, made some progress.
                              Two coats of rubber roof stuff, amazing the difference this makes in the temp inside. Roof is cool to the touch in the sun, couldn't lay your hand on it before. Built a shed for the genny and the extended run tank, put another 12 volt plug in, installed two 6 volt golf cart batteries, laid some indoor/outdoor carpet, and mama sowed some curtains and finished staining. Put in various hooks, bungy cords, tv trays, and bought some totes for storage. Thinking I may just move in this thing.
                              Attached Files

Comment

looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X