Where are yall buying hoyt bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are yall buying hoyt bows

So I've called all the local Houston Hoyt dealers. I'm after a Nitrum 30 right hand 70 pound 29 inch draw in harvest brown. I go on archery talk and see people paying in the 850-ish range for a standard Nitrum and 950-ish for the harvest brown. All the Houston dealers are wanting 999 and 1099 respectively. That's a lot of accessory money I don't want to just give up. So where all the deals at? I like to support my local businesses and forum sponsors, but that's a lot of money to just give away. Thoughts? Ideas? Am I being a cheap *******?

Wait a year and buy a used one, save you hundreds!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
      So I've called all the local Houston Hoyt dealers. I'm after a Nitrum 30 right hand 70 pound 29 inch draw in harvest brown. I go on archery talk and see people paying in the 850-ish range for a standard Nitrum and 950-ish for the harvest brown. All the Houston dealers are wanting 999 and 1099 respectively. That's a lot of accessory money I don't want to just give up. So where all the deals at? I like to support my local businesses and forum sponsors, but that's a lot of money to just give away. Thoughts? Ideas? Am I being a cheap *******?
      Have you tried contacting Precision Archery in Bridge City Tx , they are a sponsor and great people.

Comment

More than likely the bows online are used from other hunters with depreciation. I completely understand what you mean on the prices being higher in the pro shops, but they have a margin they have to meet off of what the manufacture charges them for the product in order to cover overhead and stay open to help hunters for years to come. For alot of hunters they have a relationship with their local shop and don't usually have a problem spending the extra money for the service that comes with a bow purchase. You have to keep in mind that a pro shop has time into each and every sell. This could include time talking to you about the bow before purchase (which sometimes can be ALOT of time), demoing the bow, tuning the bow up after the sell, and then taking the time to answer any questions you may have. This is all labor cost that the shop incurs during the sale (not embedded into bow price). When you buy online, that seller doesn't really have to invest any time into the sell and therefore can sell cheaper.

As for the the standard color vs. harvest brown there is an up charge to the dealer for harvest brown so the price will inherently be higher on those bows.

Also in most cases, if you buy a new bow (Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, ect.) online from dealer and it is sent to you the warranty doesn't have to be honored. I know I might get some "thats not true" but trust me it is. If it is the new years line and currently available in shops, it cannot be bought online and then shipped.

Comment

I definitely get yall on the time and money invested in each sale. I did retail a long time and hated it because everyone did exactly what I'm doing. That being said, I wouldn't buy one online. These were all new prices the folks were stating. I guess I am just cheap these days. I will. I will call precision archery, thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

i'm with you. none of the shops here in Houston ever seem to sell anything under msrp. i guess they don't need to. but it is definitely sucky to see people in other parts of the country get deals.

Comment

Houston is a retailer's market, lots of people with good jobs in the area.

Comment

I paid what some may call full price at a pro shop in Houston, but I called ahead and said I need every bow that can be rigged to 31" DL ready for me when I come in, which he did. Then proceeded to spend the next 4-5hrs helping me decide, accessorizing, and tuning. I left there feeling like that guy worked for every penny over wholesale and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                  I paid what some may call full price at a pro shop in Houston, but I called ahead and said I need every bow that can be rigged to 31" DL ready for me when I come in, which he did. Then proceeded to spend the next 4-5hrs helping me decide, accessorizing, and tuning. I left there feeling like that guy worked for every penny over wholesale and then some.

Comment

Call 1-512-868-5530. I had a Nitrum in brown, when I left, not sure if it was 70 or 60. I'm out of town right now won't be back til next Tuesday. My helper should be able to tell you.

Comment

called, it was a 60 at full MSRP. Thank you for the heads up though!

Comment

I was told Hoyt is charging the extra $100 for the Harvest Brown. I guess with supply and demand they can do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Peter View Post
                          I was told Hoyt is charging the extra $100 for the Harvest Brown. I guess with supply and demand they can do this.
                          Harvest Brown on the Nitrum is anodized finish. It costs money to anodize a bow. Most provate shops will charge you 90-100 to ano a bow riser. Pretty fair IMO. Not trying to stir anything up, but just do the research.

Comment

I just got two calls back from stores right by my uncle that said $1000 shipped to my door. Its just local mark up. Everyone here wants $1135 with tax.

Comment

I just got two calls back from stores right by my uncle that said $1000 shipped to my door. Its just local mark up. Everyone here wants $1135 with tax.
                              Wow. Selling under MAP is a not good at all. More power to you. NIB Harvest Brown Nitrum Turbo for 1000 is a steal. jump on it man

Comment

Working...
                              X