Rage 2or3 Blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chiefs View Post
    If you want a similiar head that is more durable try the Swhacker. I have had the Rage heads bend on impact with bone. I had a friend that shot several heads thru a 55 gal metal drum and the Rage will not stay together. I have seen another test done with the Rage being shot thru a drum and it disintegrated, the Swhacker was intact in the same test. We just returned from New Zealand and Spook Smoked a big Elk with a Swhacker thru the ribs complete pass thru, head still intact. You might give them a try, they were impressive.

All ima say is i agree with the bending part.

Comment

2 blade rage, might want to also try the rage 2 blade extreme!!
      good luck

Comment

I have shot nothing but rage 3 blades at deer for the past 4 years. I shoot cheaper fixed blades at hogs but I like head shots on them so it pretty much toasts any broadhead. I originally bought the three blade because they were said to have more penetration, and I was having pass through issues with my old equipment. I still use the original 3 bodies that I bought, but I rebuild them and check them for proper opening after every animal shot. These broadheads have not let me down yet, I get full pass throughs and big blood trails. With all the horror stories on the GS I make sure to check my broadheads when they go in the quiver and periodically while in stand. Its no big deal to me to look down at the tip of my arrow and make sure everything looks right while im hunting.

I was a little worried about the way the blades deploy at first, but so far so great.

I am out of rebuild kits so I think I may switch to the 2 blade chissel tips this year, simply because I have alot more power and speed on my new set up and I like the new design as well.

Comment

I shoot rage 3 blades at deer and fixed BH at pigs. Ive had no problems with the rages at all. Blades do bend when put through bone, but get job done quickly.

Comment

Working...
          X