fixed head arrow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixed head arrow help

Howdy, I just started shooting, cant call it bow hunting yet, about a year and a half ago, I have a Bear I bought at academy and some carbon arrows. I have mainly been shooting target tips and just decided today to go and get a set of fixed head broadheads. I bought a pack of fixed blade hunting tips on sale at walmart for 7.50 made by team real tree. Just got finished shooting. I am all over the place at 20 yds. Ruined two fletchings and broke two of the tips pulling it out of the Block, which is pretty soft by now from shooting it for year and a half. Why such a big difference from shooting target tips? Using the same 100 grain size or weight. At first I noticed a fletching missing on the one arrow that just seemed to be on its own after shooting 3 rounds of 3 so I switched it with another arrow and it made a difference grouping it with the other two. Do this tips break shooting at a block target? Is there a certain way to pull them out of the target with out breaking? Should you put a dab of locktite on the threads to make them stronger? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Gulfcoastal

Your bow is not tuned and the BH tipped arrows are going to fly different than the FP's. Everything has to be matched to each other. If you just bought a bow and then just went and bought any arrow, then they are probably not spined for what you need. My suggestion is to take everything to a good pro shop and let them look at what you have and see what you need to get to where you can shoot well. You may not have broken the tips, only pulled the BH and insert out. Cheap is not necessarily the way to go.

Comment

Good advice, thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
      X