Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews No Cam HTR

Originally posted by Quackedup View Post
    It looks like just another dual cam bow, but it shoots like an HTR. The cams are in fact a hybrid of the Nocam system and a cam. Once you pull it past the first two inches of draw, it pulls like a Nocam. then when it returns to brace, the cam effect is only in the very end of the power stroke. This makes the arrow leave the bow level without setting it nock high to begin with. What it ends up being is a faster nocam with the same tuning advantages. Both of the Halons that I have sold paper tuned right out of the box at factory specs.

Agreed. I shot the no cam when I was picking a bow over the summer with my bum shoulder and did not like it one bit. I shot a Halon a couple weeks ago. It pulled similar but is a helluva lot quicker. I think that Nocam will go by the wayside too. Totally unimpressed with it being as slow as it vs the draw cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackedup View Post
      the Chill R will probably be discontinued after this year if that makes any difference.

That's one thing I really hate about archery, you buy a bow and inside 3 years it's discontinued and outdated! The advancements from my first bow in 2012 don't seem that different for the most part.

But yes that does give me something to think about. I much prefer something that'll last for years which is the only thing that worries me about dual cams.
      I really don't know much about bows so it a dual cam went out of sync I'm worried I wouldn't notice it an if I did I wouldn't know how to fix it. I know this is real newb stuff but I've been a rifle hunter my whole life who's just got a bow and learnt everything about it myself. And there's no archery shop inside 4 hours of me to get any help.

Comment

The bow string and cables are what keep a bow properly synced, or in time. For the most part, string manufacturers have got the stretch rates down so even as the strings wear, the sync doesn't get too far out of whack. In the old days you had to stay on top of your tuning and cam sync. Now, most people don't even check things like that. The new string materials and build processes keep creep to a minimum. Usually you shoot a new string a hundred or hundred and fifty shots, reset the cam sync and timing, then forget about it for a couple of years. Then it is time to replace the string and cables and restart the process.

As far as bows being out dated, there are twenty year old bows out in the field still killing deer. They aren't as fast, as quiet, or as light as newer bows, but they kill just as dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          Agreed. I shot the no cam when I was picking a bow over the summer with my bum shoulder and did not like it one bit. I shot a Halon a couple weeks ago. It pulled similar but is a helluva lot quicker. I think that Nocam will go by the wayside too. Totally unimpressed with it being as slow as it vs the draw cycle.

The draw cycle is different than any other bow. It pulls weight farther back in the draw cycle instead of peaking at the front and losing weight really fast. I have had a few people that didn't like it and most of those had a bad or painful draw shoulder. The Nocam system will get better I think. I think it will mainly flow into bows like the Halon though that have a hybrid system to get the speeds up.

Comment

I really like my No Cam, I hope to see them keep on with it

Comment

I have both and I much prefer the halon. I change bows every year and shoot more Mathews as well. I didn't think the no cam was as good as some of the other bows I've shot in terms of performance but the draw was butter. The halon has a similar draw and great performance. To me the halon is the best bow since the z7

Comment

Mathews No Cam HTR

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                I have both and I much prefer the halon. I change bows every year and shoot more Mathews as well. I didn't think the no cam was as good as some of the other bows I've shot in terms of performance but the draw was butter. The halon has a similar draw and great performance. To me the halon is the best bow since the z7

I think the Halon is the best bow they've released since the Switchback XT. [emoji2]

Comment

Don't know if your set on Mathews or not, but I shot Mathews for years and years. And I think you owe it to yourself to try as many others as you can. I have started shooting obsession but it was a hard decision between it and an elite. There are a lot of nice bows out now. And solo cams can go out of "time" there are holes in the wheel and cam that will let you know when it out of time. Then of course you have to press the bow and fix it, as with two cams.

Comment

What SKB fits the no cam best?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      I think the Halon is the best bow they've released since the Switchback XT. [emoji2]

You didn't like the z7?

Comment

Working...
                      X