Feedback on an FJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback on an FJ?

We are getting ready to start looking for a first vehicle for my son and an FJ has made the list of possibilities. Does anyone have any feedback on them? Any years to be looking for or stay away from?

Thanks

I've only driven one for about 15 min and It was plenty of time for me to realize that they aren't for me.

However, the one glaring thing I noticed is it was hard as heck to see out of.

Trey

Comment

Man, I would stay away from all of them now. :-). Prices are nuts. A friend sold one a month ago for 45K. 20014. It did have low miles as his kids basically drove it to school and practices. I was shocked they were in such demand.

Comment

I had one and loved it. I'm not sure I would want a young driver in one though because the blind spots are horrible.

Comment

Had 2 ....loved them, and every time I see one on the road... I miss my white one more.

With that said....it does have blind spots. You will need to teach your son he must use his mirrors. If he is consistent there, he will be fine.

Comment

Blind spots and suicide doors and room n the back are the only drawbacks. Otherwise its a great vehicle, my best friend has 300K miles and its never been in the shop.

Comment

Only thing I've heard from people is that they have bad blind spots. That's no secret by the looks of these responses

Comment

Just sold mine. Didn’t want to but needed to. We decided to go with 2 instead of 3 vehicles. Great suv. I loved mine. Never had any trouble with it. Only got stuck once, my fault. They are bringing premium prices right now. One reason I sold mine.

Comment

The door setup alone makes it a hard pass for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                    I've only driven one for about 15 min and It was plenty of time for me to realize that they aren't for me.

However, the one glaring thing I noticed is it was hard as heck to see out of.

Trey
                    Bought my daughter one, for High School Graduating present.
                    First thing I noticed. It has a lot of "blind spots"..

Comment

Has anyone said anything about the blind spots? Other than that they seem like a pretty decent little car.

Comment

It has four windshield wipers .!!

Comment

We have one we bought new 2007. We’ve always liked it. It takes just a very short while to get used to a little blind spot but it didn’t hinder us. Super useful layout and rugged. It’s stable and off-road capable if that’s a need. My wife does mostly city driving and has loved the back doors opening backward. Only drawback I’ve seen is the vertical windshield gets rock cracks pretty easily but we just wait and replace after it gets a bunch. Overall, we’d definitely buy another but this one still runs great with very little maintenance.

Comment

we bought one for my son his Soph year in High school He loved it There is a blind spot, but once we put the little stick on round mirror disc on the side mirrors, he had no issues. They are great machines. Run well, plenty of room. the suicide doors are of no issues for kids. Plus new driver is not allowed to have more than 1 passenger anyway. But 2 full grown adults can sit in back and stretch out. Toyotas are build better than any car maker out there. Firm believer in that. They hold there price well also. So in a couple years if an when you go to sell it you wont regret buying a toyota.

Comment

I have an 07 that I bought 6 years ago, been a great vehicle, 178k on it now and not one problem so far besides front cv joints but that was due to the lift I put on it.. I could probably sell it now for what I paid for it 6 years ago, they definitely hold their value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X