No announcement yet.

New Bow PSE or Mathew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just don't shoot the BowTech Destroyer 350... it will ruin you on speed, smooth & quite. LOL

Shoot the bow that fits you the best.

Comment

Re: New Bow PSE or Mathew?

I had an Xforce and liked it alot! Never wanted a mathews. Try them both. Just don't be a sheep!

Comment

I had the Mathews Monster for about a week. It was okay, but should have listened and not bought it. I've shot Mathews since the early 90's and the only bow I will probably ever shoot. I use to buy the newest one every year, but not anymore. I really like the DXT, killed a bunch of animals with it. Had the Z7 for a bit, until somebody found out I had it and to save myself a HUGE HEADACHE, it went away.

I may buy another one, because it was a sweet shooting, killing machine as well. But, as somebody mentioned, most shots, at least for me, are 25 yards or less and that deer or other animal doesn't really care how fast that arrow zipped through them

Comment

Further details

Originally posted by MikeGarza View Post
          I'm going to get a new bow but havent decide yet, betwen Mathews Monster or Pse Xforce any comments.
          Mike, which PSE X-Force are you considering exactly?
          - Dream Season
          - Omen
          - Axe 6

The X-Force technology is awesome but different bows will feel different. For example, i read a lot of reviews about the Omen - some people hate due to its aggressiveness, others (who are used to a harsher draw cycle) love it.

Or, take the Dream Season for example. The PSE design team has been constantly improving their cams: HF (2008), GX (2009), UF(2010). The HF cam is known for its pronounced hump closer to the end of the draw cycle. In this respect the GX cam is better (IMO).

So, give us more details and i'm sure there will be a lot of great tips you will get from everyone.

Good luck!

P.S. Don't forget to shoot them all - just make sure they are tuned properly.

Comment

I have a X-Force 7 and PSE Vendetta xl.......awesome bows.
            I've shot a Monster,Reezen and Z7......the Z7 gets my vote if it has to be a Mathews not the Monster.
            Go shoot both and make a decision. I shot Mathews for over a decade and the only one i would own right now that's from the new line would be a D2 or Z7.
            If speed is your thing go shoot the PSE Omen.....I don't like the brace height on it but people say it shoots good. I like speed too but after a few experiences with 6" or less brace height bows I will not go under 7" of brace height any time soon.....only bow I like under 7" brace was the Hoyt Katera

Comment

First off, let me recommend Bear archery. The new Attack is a smoking hot bow!

But, of the two you are asking about, I have shot both and liked the Monster slightly better.

Todd

Comment

Working...
              X