Arrow Input/Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Input/Advice Needed

Would some of you experts please give me a little input and advice on my current arrow set up?
    Bow: No Cam 28"/70lb
    Arrows: 28.5" Axis FMJ 5mm, 340 spine, 100 gr tip, blazer vanes and nocturnal nock.

That set up gives me a very low FOC based on the Gold Tip FOC calculator. I'm highly considering going to 125 grain tips. Should I also consider adding more weight up front and if so, how? The inserts are already installed, I'm not sure with what epoxy the bow shop used.

I think you’d be a bit underspined with a 125 AND adding an insert with the 340. Really just depends on your insert weight. Jumping up to the 125 alone shouldn’t pose much issue. I have the same bow and shaft specs as you. I’m shooting .300 Carnivores with a 43 grain insert and 125 grain head.

Comment

I’d make it easy and leave this batch of arrows alone but for your next batch; get the 300 spine with 50 or 75 gr Brass insert, with your 100 gr head and call it good

But then again I may not have the best advice because I don’t really care about foc

Comment

Give me a ring Patton. I am shooting almost the exact same arrow set up but with heavier heads. If you can swing by the house I've got some stuff you can try.

Comment

Thanks for the advice y'all. I figured I would be risking be underspined if I add too much weight. I'm going to jump to the 125 heads and hold off on any other added weight. Perhaps next time I'll get the 300spine arrows and build something a little heavier- should have done my research earlier!

Thanks for texting me and running those numbers Stoof, much appreciated amigo.

Comment

Working...
          X