Computer gurus/ what laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer gurus/ what laptop

I need to buy a laptop. Looked at an Asus today but still looking. What is the best buy under $800?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’d buy a refurbished MacBook. They last forever and once you get used to them are hard to beat. I still have a windows laptop but rarely use it anymore.

Comment

What are you going to need it to do? Honestly, I've found for average users a $300-400 laptop is overkill.

Comment

And I've never found an instance where going with Asus was bad.

Comment

I would avoid any of the newer Macs. The USB-C only port has been a total PITA. I have about 5 different USB-C to XYZ connectors and use them regularly. Want to use a smiple USB drive or SD card.. you just have to buy and carry around an adapter with you... Ugh...

I would look for a previous generation MBP 13" w/retina.

Comment

Surface

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
              I need to buy a laptop. Looked at an Asus today but still looking. What is the best buy under $800?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I use the new surface pro and they are great for a laptop or tablet. I can take the key board off a write with the pen to keep notes or type.

What I don’t like is connecting to my companies network remotely but that may be my campaniles issue more so than the tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing wrong with ASUS. I like Dell too. Support a Texas company.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife bought a dell that flips. Can be used as a regular laptop or flipped backwards and used as a tablet. Cost around $800, really cool machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X