Good guest stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good guest stories

In the hopes that I will get invited on a hunt one day as a guest and in contradiction to the “guest mistakes” thread, I would like to hear some stories of guest who exceeded your expectations or they did everything you asked and followed the rules. If you have any, please post them.

I’ll start, I got invited out to the El Sombrerito Ranch a few years back on a customer appreciation hunt. We always joke/drink and have a great time which is what hunting camp should be. Well I go out with my guide and we get to know one another pretty well. He’s actually a member here and a good guy to boot! He puts me on some good deer in my price range and I end up killing a very nice buck on the second or third hunt. Well we can also kill a doe on this place and he takes me out and I kill my doe. There are at least 5 other hunters and 3 of them don’t want their doe, just the buck (kinda silly if you ask me) and I asked them if they wouldn’t mind if I shot their does. We’ll ends up all 3 of the fellas agreed to give me their does! My guide and I went out and commenced to slaughtering all 3 does. I left their with a great buck and 4 does and a thank you from Mr. Bill Carter(may he RIP) himself for taking those does. Pretty good feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one time (well, two actually) STGS took me hunting at his place in south Texas, to shoot a buck that he thought was in the high 150s. When we got them on the ground, and measured them, they were both 173ish.

And the third time, the deer was supposed to be in the 190s ... ended up 236!

He was happy for me, and mad at himself. He's a weird cat, and I didn't know for sure if he was really mad when he started kicking buckets around, in the barn.

We have a love/hate relationship. It's hard to tell which one rules!

I think I'm a great guest because I didn't complain about his severe mis-calculations!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

I think I'm a great guest because I didn't complain about his severe mis-calculations!
      Lmao! You're a good man for putting up with that bs lol

Comment

This one time (well, two actually) STGS took me hunting at his place in south Texas, to shoot a buck that he thought was in the high 150s. When we got them on the ground, and measured them, they were both 173ish.

He was happy for me, and mad at himself. He's a weird cat, and I didn't know for sure if he was really mad when he started kicking buckets around, in the barn.

Sounds like Jeremy is just a crappy scorer......

Comment

haha, gee thanks, people in the office looking at me because I am laughing so hard, lol!!

Comment

I was invited on a nice hunt once.
            I brought 4 packs of bologna 2 loaves of bread and 2 boxes of fish sticks.
            Fed all 5 of us for 4 days.
            Although I was supposed to shoot does and pigs I got a nice 10 point, 3 years old. Best buck ever.
            They had all the beer I could drink. It was a great time, can't wait to go back.

Comment

I've never been, but willing to go so I can post a story on here.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                Although I was supposed to shoot does and pigs I got a nice 10 point, 3 years old. Best buck ever.
                They had all the beer I could drink. It was a great time, can't wait to go back.
                You obviously won't be going back since you forgot the sardines, potted meat, and Vienna sausages

Comment

I have a buddy that we invited out a couple times to shoot some deer. Always split the cost of food and drink. We communicated about what was expected (food and hunting wise) and he always abided by the rules. Made him a good guest.

What put him over the top was when he built a 6x8 box blind and brought it down to the ranch for us. We split most the costs, but he did 95% of the work.

Comment

Dang it’s looking like the bad outweighs the good..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I try to make the invite worth it. Last time, I supplied the beer, whisky, and cigars. The cigars were a big hit. Unfortunately, they lost the lease this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Years ago when I had a little more free time I would offer up doe/spike huntsfree of charge (posted on 2CoolFishing back in the day). I took 10+ people over a few years and all them except 1 were great and most offered $$ or a gift which I never took....except for a few bags of corn. One of the guys brought his daughter and she killed her first deer and kept in touch for years before I moved. I wish I lived closer to my lease and could continue to invite others. Way more great guest than bad ones for sure and these were all strangers. Come to think of it I have better luck letting strangers hunt than friends..lol

Comment

I brought out a buddy of a good buddy this weekend. I’ve talked to him a bit over the past couple years, but hadn’t actually met him. He was just getting into long range a couple months ago, and we both do a lot of thermal hog hunting. I invited him down this weekend to run some hogs and stretch out that rifle on a prairie dog town I have access too. I put him up in my house, we took my truck everywhere, and I provided all the entertainment for the weekend. Every time I turned around he was trying to pay for my dinner, offer me money for diesel, and trying to buy beer etc. I let him pay for my meal one time. He’s welcome back here anytime he wants. I didn’t need the money, but the fact he tried to help sure goes a long way in my book. He wasn’t too bad on that rifle either.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Sounds like Jeremy is just a crappy scorer......
                            Oh, contraire ... he's the BEST scorer!

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                              hahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                              X