Best Buck Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Buck Down

Went to a friends land in Henderson county Wednesday for a after quick afternoon hunt. He has a feeder about 300 yards from his house that I been wanting to hunt with a south wind. It look like Wednesday was my only chance for a while.
    The stand (I never been in it) is a steel platform about 12 feet high with a boat seat in the middle not set next to any cover. I knew that I was going to have to shoot quick. The feeder has not been adjusted since its getting dark early. So I through out some corn in front of the feeder.
    I got in the stand about 4 and it was barely drizzling. I had my bow across my lap and leaning forward to keep rain off me and my bow. Around 5 I look up and the buck was coming out of the tree line straight to me. Now this is a buck that I had a night picture of and loved him because you could tell he was a old war horse. My friend and his friend (non deer and bow hunters) though I was crazy for liking a deer like that when there was way bigger horns around.
    The buck was looking up at me while he was walking to my corn. I knew I was going to get busted. He made the corn straight towards me and would take a bite and look at me. At this time I had my bow vertical. He started to spook took two steps away from me and look over his right shoulder at me. I drew my bow as he was walking away and settled my pin behind his shoulder as he turn slightly to look at me. I touch the release and arrow hit its mark. He crashed into the feeder fence and I could see my nockturnal fly out of the deer. It look like I got about half arrow penetration. My friend saw the whole thing happen from his work shop. He was wondering why I was shining a green laser at the deer. The deer turn around from the fence and ran into the woods. I hear crashing for about 3 seconds and that was it.
    I walk back to the house and we gave him about 30 Min. then went with the ATV for the recovery.

It was a very good blood trail and only about 30 yards long. I have shot (with gun) bigger bucks but non as a great majestic buck like him. He is definitely a old warrior.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2518.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	25197311

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2521.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	25197312

Congrats! Love the blade.

Comment

That's a monster 6!!Great deer!! Congrats

Comment

That is a really cool deer. Congrats.

-john

Comment

Man that’s a cool deer

Comment

Nice. That’s a cool buck!!

Comment

Congrats. Dang nice deer.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                Man that’s a cool deer

Congrats!

Comment

That's a big old warhorse you got there. Congrats!

Comment

I don't blame you for wanting that deer he is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    congrats !!

Comment

Great job on getting a great buck. Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome deer! Congrats

Comment

That deer is a pig! Wow!

Comment

Man what a buck! Congrats

Comment

thats a HULLUVA buck Sir! Congratulations!!

Comment

Working...
                              X