Howa / Ruger American / or Tikka?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howa / Ruger American / or Tikka?

Looking to buy a new rifle with a stainless barrel in either 7mm-08 or 6.5 creedmore. I’d like to buy a high end custom rifle, but just don’t want to spend that money yet. I will eventually pass this rifle down to the kids.

Which is the best? If there is a specific model that is better let me know that. I don’t mind doing a few mods like floating a Barrel or changing out a trigger, but I don’t want to spend $1k getting it to shoot good.

How much are you willing to spend on a nice heirloom rifle? Have you thought about getting something like a stainless win mod 70 featherweight or something with a nice piece of wood on it?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Tikka
      Howa

Ruger

In that order

Comment

Tikka
        I wouldn't compare a tikka woth a ruger American.
        I have both and like both but the tikka is a way better rifle.
        I have the tikka t3 in 708

Comment

1. Tikka is worth every penny.
          If you want the trigger lighter than you can get it with tuning, you can get a YO Dave spring for $10+shipping.
          2. Howa

I suggest going and cycling them all

Comment

Ruger American then glass bed it into a Boyd’s Laminate stock. Mine is a tack driver.

Comment

Tikka
              Howa
              Ruger American.

I have a Ruger American and love it, but this is a pretty easy ranking.

Comment

Are you guys ranking these in order of accuracy or just “best “ manufacturer ?
                I haven’t shot a tikka but I have shot the other 2 and own a stainless ruger 6.5 and the gun shoots better than I can .

Comment

Howa is a very good rifle. Sako/ tikka is An excellent rifle. I like Howa.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                    How much are you willing to spend on a nice heirloom rifle? Have you thought about getting something like a stainless win mod 70 featherweight or something with a nice piece of wood on it?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                    I want something I can beat up right now. Maybe beat up is the wrong word, but you know what I mean. Two years ago I bought a nice Remington 700, 7mm-08, fluted stainless barrel, nice stock etc and I’m scared to take it out of the safe to mount a scope on it. That will be the heirloom.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as well but I'm leaning towards the ruger because its supposedly made in america. Idk about the other 2

Comment

I've had all three. They will all shoot but "need" different things

The Tikka is probably best out of the box and had a smooth bolt and great trigger. I like the $10 aftermarket trigger spring and after market stock.

The Howa/Weatherby is all metal (no polymer) which is nice but the trigger stinks. A Timney is an extra $125. An aftermarket stock isn't necessary but it is preferable.

The Ruger American is is accurate but lots of cheap plastic all over it (like the magazine and stock). The trigger aint bad. It's a workhorse.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                          I'm in the same boat as well but I'm leaning towards the ruger because its supposedly made in america. Idk about the other 2
                          The other two are made in Finland and Japan, which is probably better than the race to the bottom many US manufacturers are taking part in.

Comment

You might also look at the Bergara for similar price as the Tikka.

Comment

How about Bergara? Super nice rifles. Guarantee sub MOA. Great customer service. No it’s not the stainless barrel. But amazing rifles for the price. Just something to ponder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X