TPWD Youth hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Youth hunts

My son drew his first hunt, Javelina at Chaparral. We are both excited to go it will be his first hunt. I had a question because we got two permits one in his name and one with my name on it. Does that mean we get to take two? Really my focus is getting his animal but if I get to take one after he does I am not going to say know. I just didn't know it worked that way that you both get tags.

I dont think so, but others will certainly chime in to confirm.

Congrats on the draw. My son has been putting in for 6 years and has never been drawn.

Comment

I've gone on several youth hunts with my son never been allowed to take an animal. I think the adult permit to validate you are the only person that can be with him. They have a big meeting before the hunt and go over everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
        I've gone on several youth hunts with my son never been allowed to take an animal. I think the adult permit to validate you are the only person that can be with him. They have a big meeting before the hunt and go over everything.
        This has been my experience as well.

Comment

in for updates

Comment

As my boys were growing up went on at least 4-5 youth hunts.

Absolutely not. The adult permit merely grants you as the supervising hunter access to the property.

Comment

I am totally good with not being able to hunt I was just confused about getting a second tag. We are both excited about getting to hunt and you know hunting is an adventure and there are not guarantees but there are also alleged warthogs in Chaparral too. Wouldn't that be cool for your first animal.

Comment

If it is a "youth adult hunt" you should be able to hunt. If it's a youth only hes on the trigger.

My son and I have attended 3 or 4 youth hunts and a youth adult over the years. One youth adult my wife got in on standby and hunted.

Unfortunately he will be 17 next year so we're out of the game. 2020 spring Turkey will be our last youth draw hunt

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

"Youth only" so it looks like we will be a single shooter. I need to get him out shooting the .223 Come on Jan 25th

Comment

No sir, but you are suppose to carry your permit with you as well. IT's youth only and the bag limit is only for the youth that was drawn.

Comment

We also were drawn for the youth javelina hunt at the Chaparral. We are actually here now in the blind in the doe hunt and so far we have taken one coyote and have had a couple opportunities at a doe just can’t get the wind to work in our favor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope you don't shoot. Only the youth get to take one unless the rules have changed.

Comment

Working...
                        X