Arrow after the kill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
    Rinse and repeat, proven killers move to the top of the batting order.

Hahaha.....I like that analogy.

9 deer on one arrow is my best and then this brute had to absorb it and snapped it off when he died.....but it was **** worth it.. It is (what's left of it) now sitting with the skull mount. Shoot, clean, flex and reset back in hole #1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Filthy McNasty (Small).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	24592087

I always sharpen or replace blades on broadheads for reuse too. They must shave before I reuse. Trophy deer get new heads....culls, does and pigs get re-sharpend heads unless I don't have any or I'm trying out a new head.

Comment

Feathers get all jacked from blood and fat.
      I may change the blades and reuse the head but usually discard the whole thing.

Comment

Just flex it and watch for cracks. I've killed multiple animals with the same arrow. I generally find them every time with my lighted nocturnals.

Comment

Shot a small hog got the arrow, tested it more came in reloaded and shot an other small one. Always reuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
            Sorry but your signature bothers me

It’s kinda stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            When I saw this reply this morning, I instantly looked at the time stamp, thinking it had to have been posted at 2am, but no.

Comment

On pigs, I will shoot any arrow long as I feel its safe to release and not injure me.

On deer, its a brand new arrow/head that has only been shot a few times to make she its on target.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                Sorry but your signature bothers me

It’s kinda stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Get good and tuned up a little early last night?

As I have learned from the other thread... a real man isnt supposed to care what any one else thinks... oh and real men cant drink The Claw, wear skinny jeans or use a pellet grill, other wise people may think your a girly man

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                  Rinse and repeat, proven killers move to the top of the batting order.
                  Yes! I do the same. Flex it first though. I've probably killed close to 8-9 deer with the same Gold-tip. I always have one special arrow in the quiver with a little cross on the cock vane marked with a sharpie. That's the arrow I practiced with, shot a practice broad head with. Spin-tested to my liking etc. All started when I used to get arrows from the OutHouse in Waco, and half of them would wobble because they didn't know how to cut or square arrows. Now I just do it as a confidence thing(all my arrows spin good )
                  Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 09-12-2019, 07:23 AM.

Comment

I don’t kill many animals, so I keep arrow with the skull. If I killed as many animals as some, I’d reuse .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good arrows are expensive. Flex em and get back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                        I personally retire an arrow after a kill. I know I could possibly use it again but I never do. I guess I would if I had to but I never need more than half a dozen arrows in a season unless I do a lot of pig stickin'.
                        Mew too. I kinda think of as a trophy. It did it's job so I collect em.

Comment

You guys that throw away the arrows after one animal must not have many pigs where you hunt.

I've had some sits where I've shot 4 or 5 pigs. I'd need an entire quiver full of new arrows after that hunt.

Comment

Flex and reuse.

Comment

I usually shoot an animal then retire that arrow to the practice arrow pile. No particular reason just a habit. Most times when I shoot I get a complete pass thru so the arrow bounces off stuff on the other side. Since I have about a dozen arrows rigged for hunting no need to recycle.

Comment

Use as many times as I can. Re fletch and buy replacement blades for my thunderheads.

Comment

Working...
                                X