Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else in Oil related fields seeing a slowdown already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Iran sanctions in November are expected to push oil prices up. Texans should benefit. Good luck.

Comment

NG still hurting...if we could get the LNG plant going in the port of brownsville online, that would turn it around down here, but no idea of where we stand.

Comment

the big H in Odessa has cut the maint shop workers back to 70 hr/week for the rest of the quarter but in the field I'm still getting 112 hr/week with no slowdown in sight

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
          the big H in Odessa has cut the maint shop workers back to 70 hr/week for the rest of the quarter but in the field I'm still getting 112 hr/week with no slowdown in sight
          You should have plenty of money but no time to spend it. I've worked 80+ hours a week during turnarounds and it was not fun. Can't imagine working your schedule.

Comment

Field Service in oil field. They have been running us to death no slow down here yet.

Comment

dude be happy about this latest down move from oil.. We don't need it to go straight to 100 again. 65-75 is just right. Oil demand growth continues full speed, economy keeps on rocking, people can afford those gas guzzlers and it helps offset the high price of health care.

But also no it's been steady. South TX is slowing up a bit because of budgets. East TX and West TX seem to be staying pretty consistent.

Comment

What dip? Fuel prices are ridiculous, especially diesel.

Comment

lots of production companies overshot their capital budget for the year. plus, there's a lot of pressure from the street to move to cash flow positive or at minimum neutral.

throw in the pipeline constraints out of the Permian and you have a bit of a pull back.

Comment

Bump.

Cant believe how quick it shut off. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
                      We're getting close to the end of the year and some people are running out of budget money. Haven't seen much of a slowdown on the upstream side of things.
                      This is what we are seeing on the compression side too.

Comment

Seems like your missing the days of 90-100 price. I doubt you see those again

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          Seems like your missing the days of 90-100 price. I doubt you see those again
                          Nah. The hotter it gets, the harder it crashes. I like stability. I have seen a very serious drop in work for me personally, in the last few weeks. I am slower now than I have been since 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            Another huge blow to the economy was LAGCOE leaving Lafayette after 63 yrs and moving to NOLA in 2019 In the long term it will be better for the industry as a whole due to the Morial convention center size and # of hotel rooms in NOLA. In the short term and extended future, Lafayette will miss the $12M - $15M economic impact it received in 3 days from the Expo.

LAGCOE began in 1953 in the parking lot of the Petroleum Club of Lafayette, a group of local oil men and women came together to create a showcase for the services and technologies of local oil- and gas-related businesses. The Lafayette community embraced the idea and industry leaders volunteered their time and talents enabling the event to grow to be the second largest oil and gas industry tradeshow in the United States.

Today, LAGCOE hosts a three-day event that provides a platform for the industry’s innovators to present cutting-edge technologies, equipment, and services for both onshore and offshore markets. Along with traditional exhibits, LAGCOE technical sessions feature industry leaders addressing current technologies, issues and trends from around the nation and around the globe. The press release states at its peak, LAGCOE boasts representatives from 49 states, 40 countries and 17,000 attendees.
                            Sounds a lot like NAPE. We're rockin' and rollin' in Houston, Permian is still going like gangbusters but some of the dumb money has dried up.

Comment

Bump up again to see what yall are thinking.

Slowest December for me since the last crash. Oil at $42.

Comment

I am still getting steady tool orders from Odessa/Midland. I think it is just the end of year blues

Comment

Working...
                                X