Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #51
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by sectxag06 View Post
again, that's not really the point. people had paid orders that they went back and canceled to resale. there's a difference between someone accidentally putting up a bad price and them saying sorry. that was a mistake.

it's a whole nuther thing when they are sitting on shipments specifically, so they can keep changing prices and cancelling orders.
I agree, if that's what they did they should not have done that. I just see it all the time on this site talking about "price gouging" on PMAGs and AMMO and all kinds of other stuff. Makes no sense to me. I've honestly never been "gouged" on ammo or mags or anything else. I just don't buy it for dumb prices.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #52
sbushee
Ten Point

Hunt In: The Outside

Bait and switch.
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #53
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

These CTD jerks got hammered at their booth at the NRA show when it was last in Houston as that was right when what they did was becoming known... It was fun to watch!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #54
abilliott
Four Point

I've seen other companies "honor" an error in the past as for it wasn't the consumers fault. It comes as of no surprise to me that CTD would just cancel instead of honoring their mistake.
abilliott is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #55
ETXHunter99
Spike

Hunt In: Hardin County

Ttt
ETXHunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #56
RR 314
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbushee View Post
Bait and switch.
. . . or mistake. What was the switch?

I won't buy anything from these clowns, but to assert this was somehow intentional is humorous.
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 01:07 PM   #57
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

Got my email also, but replayed with "hey you messed up, Honor the price, she referred me to there policy

Product Descriptions
CTD does its best to accurately represent the merchandise through photo, price and copy. Occasionally we make mistakes, if such a mistake should occur; your order will be corrected as the facts dictate. We are not liable for errors in pricing, pictures, or descriptions.
9.Pricing
CTD does our best to price our products at market value. As the market changes so does our pricing. We are not obligated to honor a price that is in print or an error. We reserve the right to adjust product prices as dictated by the market.

oh well, as it's said, if it's to good to be true..... it probably not true
Chief Big Toe is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 01:09 PM   #58
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point

note to self ,,, never shop them again, or believe anything they Post,/ send in an email.
Chief Big Toe is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #59
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Ummm, don't buy them. Being serious here.... just don't buy them. How can a company take advantage of you if you don't pay the stupid price? It's not like a PMAG is necessary for life on the planet. Pricing something that's not a necessity at a very high price is not gouging like everybody seems to think. It's free-market and nobody has to buy it.

You assumed I bought them. I have more common sense than you give me credit for. I was illustrating the fact that they were price gouging (because it was an item in high demand that to me makes it price gouging) and that people were dumb enough to buy them. Also was pointing out that morally corrupt business practices are not something I will donate to and hope that someone who wasnít aware may learn about how that company does business.

Sierracharlie outÖ
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 03:44 PM   #60
dbaio1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bienville and Jackson Parish Louisiana - Union Community area

[quote=Lonewolf;13692825]
Quote:
Cheaper than Dirt wonít ever get my money because of how they were price gouging people on guns and ammo during the shortage. They were charging double, triple, and more cost mowers to msrp on almost everything on their website.

100% Agree!
While I agree this actually will be a negative impact for them. I hope they honor those ordered. Good luck and let's us know.
dbaio1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2018, 03:55 PM   #61
BowSlayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
You assumed I bought them. I have more common sense than you give me credit for. I was illustrating the fact that they were price gouging (because it was an item in high demand that to me makes it price gouging) and that people were dumb enough to buy them. Also was pointing out that morally corrupt business practices are not something I will donate to and hope that someone who wasnít aware may learn about how that company does business.

Sierracharlie outÖ

No sir, I assumed you didnít which is my point. Itís impossible to price gouge on any item that isnít essential. A pmag isnít essential so thereís no way to price gouge on it. Iíve heard of people complaining about price gouging on .22 ammo. Again, not possible. Not trying to start an argument just donít think most folks actually know what it means to price gouge. This place definitely has some bad business practices according to this thread but price gouging isnít one of them.
BowSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #62
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
No sir, I assumed you didnít which is my point. Itís impossible to price gouge on any item that isnít essential. A pmag isnít essential so thereís no way to price gouge on it. Iíve heard of people complaining about price gouging on .22 ammo. Again, not possible. Not trying to start an argument just donít think most folks actually know what it means to price gouge. This place definitely has some bad business practices according to this thread but price gouging isnít one of them.

Good thing youíre entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. Regardless of how you define it, itís BS.

Sierracharlie outÖ
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #63
Bruiser
Ten Point

textbook insanity when deals ae posted
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 12:38 AM   #64
Brazman
Ten Point

Hunt In: futility

Was anyone really expecting a company who has PROVEN to be without honor to actually honor a deal made in error? I can’t believe they’re still in business, personally, after the shenanigans they pulled under O-ban-a.
Brazman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2018, 10:29 AM   #65
bearintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: 20 minutes from the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1005 View Post
Cheaper than Dirt wonít ever get my money because of how they were price gouging people on guns and ammo during the shortage. They were charging double, triple, and more cost mowers to msrp on almost everything on their website.
I will throw rocks before giving CTD any of my money. It was funny at the NRA show here in Houston a few years back. Every other booth is elbow to elbow people, and CTD people are sitting on their thumbs trying to get people to come in their booth.
bearintex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2018, 07:52 AM   #66
Tmag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Depends on the TPWD draw results!

Mistake or financial ingenuity?

Priced at $134 and say 100,000 people place the order. Then CTD places that 13.4 million in the bank for a week before returning your money and nets 2% return on that money. 268K in their pocket on other peoples money.

Pretty smart business move.
Tmag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2018, 08:13 AM   #67
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmag View Post

Priced at $134 and say 100,000 people place the order. Then CTD places that 13.4 million in the bank for a week before returning your money and nets 2% return on that money. 268K in their pocket on other peoples money.

Except I bet they didn't get anywhere near 100k people to order. And please tell me where I can get 2% return in a week...heck I will pay you a lot of money to show me where I can get 2% safe returns in a month..or even 3 months.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2018, 08:19 AM   #68
Bruiser
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmag View Post

lmaoooooooo
Bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top