Ford F150 xlt 4WD new tires needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford F150 xlt 4WD new tires needed

I need a set of tires for this truck, which tire are you running and how would you rate it? Just normal every day driving. thanks

I run Cooper AT3's and really like them. Decent offroad but not too big. Not too pricey either. I bought a set of 4 and got a 75$ rebate through my dealer.

Comment

Goodyear Duratrac's Very happy so far.

Comment

I ran my stock Goodyear tires until they wore out. I replaced them with Goodyear Duratracs. They were good tires but after getting stuck a couple times (definitely not out mudding), I didn't trust them for anything more than riding down the lease road. The Duratracs were good on highway tires. When I wore them out, I went to the Cooper STT Pro. I've only put about 7,000 miles on them so far, but they've been great tires. They are good on road (a bit noisy, but not bad) whether it's wet or not and so far they've been great on our muddy lease road and creek crossing where the Duratracs didn't fair so well.

Comment

I like BFG KO2's. I think they look nice, have decent tread, and are quiet on the road.

I used to have Nitto Terra Grapplers, liked those too.

The only tires I have bought that I DIDN'T like were some off brands when I was looking for cheapest price that would fit my truck.

Comment

Michelin

Comment

Whatever the stock tires they put on the FX4’s are good. Kevlar something. I got 80k miles out of them before I sold the truck and they still had at least 10k left in em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

you can't go wrong with Cooper Tires...I run ATPs on my f250, also had some Mud tires, STT Pros..relatively inexpensive and American Made...an under appreciated brand IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                  I like BFG KO2's. I think they look nice, have decent tread, and are quiet on the road.

I used to have Nitto Terra Grapplers, liked those too.

The only tires I have bought that I DIDN'T like were some off brands when I was looking for cheapest price that would fit my truck.
                  I put 83k on my last set on a 15’ Silverado crew. They still had 10k, but I caught a large chunk of metal through one of the tires and just decided to replace all 4 at that time.

Comment

You looking for a more aggressive all terrain style tire or a highway tire? For a highway tire the michelins are good. For a good in-between tire I really have liked my Cooper discoverer at3 for a good balance of on and off road performance

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

im running those Nitto on mine...pretty good tire. it came down to those and the Cooper AT3. the Nitto was in stock

Comment

Falken AP3 Best tire to date!

Comment

Cooper STT pros. I have run them on my last three trucks with no issues. Wear very well for being so aggressive. Average about 45k miles out of a set. We run Nitto Terra Graplers on my wife’s vehicles ( mostly highway) in a 10 ply. Average about 65k out of a set.

Comment

Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I love them

Comment

Michelin AT2 were the best tire I have ever used for street driving. They claim it is all terrain, but it really isn't. But I had 2 sets of them on my 2WD truck and got over 150,000 miles out of them. There is zero road noise, and the ride is great. I bought a new 4x4 and wanted an actual all terrain and went with the Toyo Open Country AT2. They are pretty aggressive and as such there is some road noise. Wet traction leaves me wanting a bit on the road. Off road they are great. I personally would not go with them again. For my next set, as I drive 95% on paved roads, and the rest on ranch roads, I will choose a less aggressive tire. I am thinking of the BFG KO2 (if they perform better than the originals), the Hankook Dynapro AT, and the Falken Wildpeak AT3W.

Comment

Working...
                              X