Houston Co. Thanksgiving Day Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Co. Thanksgiving Day Buck

Gotta brag on my son today...he's beat his old man to the punch this year and I couldn't be happier

We've hunted most weekends starting on youth weekend. The deer haven't cooperated at all in Austin Co, the only legal buck we've seen was hot after a doe and wouldn't stop for us. Today he went out with his mom and her family, to their lease in Houston Co, and called me slightly excited. Here's the story as told by Riley

"We saw him behind some thick brush, but he wasn't coming out. Orrin could see him when he started to come out into the opening, but I was having a hard time finding him in the scope. He finally stepped on out. I was shaking so bad, I was afraid that I would miss him. I put it behind his shoulder and squeezed off on him. He dropped in his tracks. Downed him right where he stood, Dad! He didn't take a step, just dropped straight down and kicked a few times. We gave him a few minutes and then headed down and took a picture"

I'll be wearing this grin for a week

Cool deal....

Comment

Nice!!!!! Congratulations!

Comment

Way to go young man! Beautiful buck and a great story!

Comment

Cool buck!!! Congratulations to the little man!

Comment

Man look at those brow tines! If that doesnt get you excited, you need to quit!

Comment

That’s awesome! Congratulations!

Comment

Great deer congrats

Comment

Very nice deer. What part of Houston County did you hunt?

Comment

Great buck!

Comment

Awesome congratulations!

Comment

Great buck young man. I could feel the excitement you had for your son in the words.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                          Very nice deer. What part of Houston County did you hunt?
                          Thank you Northeast Houston Co

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
                            Great buck young man. I could feel the excitement you had for your son in the words.
                            Man I had a grin as big as Texas as he was telling me about it I just wish I would have been in the stand to share it with him, but what matters most is he was successful and is hooked!

Comment

Those tines are sweeeet! Nice buck!

I hope HouCo brings me some luck today too! Just got settled in.

Comment

Working...
                              X