lawnmower or golf cart tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lawnmower or golf cart tires?

My riding lawnmower takes a 18x8.5x8 tire, which is apparently a common size for golf carts as well. Is this something I could install myself, like a bike tire, or something or which I'd need a special tool, like a car tire?

Best idea so far is to take off the tires/rims and haul them in and have the tires installed.

Getting the old tire off is the hardest part. Once you get the bead busted just pry the old off and pry the new on. May have to use a ratchet strap around the new tire to get the new beads to the rim to take air.
    Last edited by Razorback01; 09-29-2015, 09:32 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      Getting the old tire off is the hardest part. Once you get the bead busted just pry the old off and pry the new on. May have to use a ratchet strap around the new tire to get the new beads to the rim to take air.
      This. I had to run over the edge of lawnmower tire with my front tire of my truck to break it off the seat. But once it is off, it isn't that hard to do. Took about 30 minutes from start to finish and that was with wasting about 10 minutes of beating on tire trying to break it off the seat.

Comment

I have one of these...

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Comment

JMG, I also used my truck to break the head after messing with it for a few min. After that it was a breeze.

Comment

Working...
          X