No announcement yet.

Who has been on TBH for 10 years and never attended Bownanza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you count lurking I am either right at or past the 10 year mark. I have never attended Bownanza. Like others, I am not a fan of big crowds; I am just not a social butterfly I guess. There are a hand full of TBHers I would like to meet.
    Last edited by Pedernal; 01-29-2020, 01:58 AM.

Comment

I have never attended one either. No excuses on my part.

Comment

I’ve been once. Usually turkey hunting or coaching kids baseball. Had a great time the one time I made it! Lots of good food/drinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            9 years for me. I just like people in small groups and small doses
            Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            Nearly 12 years for me. Not a fan of crowds.
            BNZA isn't Mardi Gras crazy or HS football game crowd size. There are usually 75-100 TBH'ers accompanied by their spouses and kids. Total crowd size will be 250-300 people spread out between a dozen cooking stations.

Music, ribs, grilled alligator, gumbo, boudin, crawfish, chicken wings, fried fish, onion rings, hush puppies, chili, gorditas, cake, brownies, sweets, pies, fajitas, cookies, throwing washers, laughter, telling lies , guitar pickin' , funny stories, and it's all FREE !! Just show up, rub elbows with new friends, and put a name with a face.

The atmosphere reminds me of a family reunion or youth hunting weekend at the deer lease. I look fwd to BNZA every year and make the 6+ hour drive to spend 24 hrs with my BFF's

pics of the festivities ... https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=725026

Comment

14 years here, differing reasons, er excuses. Spring Break, camping, fishing, etc.

Comment

Me. I’ve been once when we lived in The Woodlands but now my job doesn’t allow for me to be too far from my computer and we live in Corpus so it’s be a pretty good drive with no computer. Just can’t do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not 10 but around 7 yrs and no bonanza. Wish it were further north instead of south

Comment

Met a few local folks, but keep close to home

Comment

Me. Never been. I’m scared of Smart.

Comment

Wrong time of year for me, but then again I don't when it's a good time of year for me.

Comment

I've been on here since 2002 and been to bownanza 1 time

Comment

I've never been. I am not much on big crowds but have been thinking of making one in the next few years.

Comment

Never have made one.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                                have not been probably will not go,,, lots of reasons or causes

not a huge fan of big groups,
                                retired with little money to spend
                                4 grand kids with a 5th on the way, i spend lots of time with them,

but the #1
                                i do not drink alcohol or attend many events were it is served or people are prone to getting drunk
                                I very rarely drink, and havent been drunk since before I turned 21 ( 23yrs ago ) but I have still gone. The wilder part of the weekend is at the hotels the night before/after. Sure, there are plenty drinking at the event, but I havent seen anyone actually drunk or acting stupid. Of course, I dont go every year, I think I have attended 3. It is a family friendly event.

Comment

Working...
                                X