TPWD - Youth javelina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD - Youth javelina

Anyone else notice the deadline for youth javie is October 15th, and they have a hunt set for mason mountain on October 17 and 18th?

Sure that’s not the only oopsie, but first one I noticed.

I emailed them about a week ago, response below.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The deadline for the Youth Only Javelina hunt is September 15, 2020. This will be updated on the website soon. The drawing will be held 1-3 day after the application deadline.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,
    Wildlife Information

Comment

I actually applied for my son (youth hunt) at Mason Mountain for the javelina hunt. I'm hoping he gets drawn.

Anyone on here ever hunted for them at Mason mountain???
      Last edited by BradBryant1000; 07-28-2020, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
        I actually applied for my son (youth hunt) at Mason Mountain for the javelina hunt. I'm hoping he gets drawn.

Anyone on here ever hunted for them at Mason mountain???
        Haven't hunted them there, but we did see some there on a youth anterless hunt 3-4 years ago. Big surprise, they were hanging out by the headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
          Haven't hunted them there, but we did see some there on a youth anterless hunt 3-4 years ago. Big surprise, they were hanging out by the headquarters.
          I've been there as well but didn't see any. I thought maybe they were in a different area than what I was hunting. I appreciate the information.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
            I've been there as well but didn't see any. I thought maybe they were in a different area than what I was hunting. I appreciate the information.
            My guess is that they have a pretty decent population of them since the hunts are offered. You're probably bound to see groups of them anywhere on the property.

Comment

Spent 4 days on there a couple years ago, hunting Scimitar oryx on the north half of the property. Did not see any the entire time we hunted. Since baiting is allowed, I imagine that once they find it you will have a better chance.

Comment

Working...
              X