Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There a Decent "Ready to Shoot" Package Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is There a Decent "Ready to Shoot" Package Out There?

I'd like to get back in to shooting a bow and think a takedown recurve is the route I want to go. I am thinking a 40 or 45 lb, 62" Samick Sage, or similar. It would just be for fun shooting and learning on. My shoulder disliked the heavier draw weight of my old compound bow so I sold it and everything I had for it a few years ago.

I am the kind of guy that likes to get everything I need, then figure it out. I have the patience to learn but typically get impatient waiting for "one more thing" before I can start something.

I read the "what you need to get started" sticky so I am thinking I can piece it all together but wanted to see if there was a good ready to shoot package out there to help reduce the guesswork.

I am not opposed to ordering from an online retailer but live outside of Fort Worth, so any shops you could recommend would be appreciated as well.

3Rivers offers a starting kit. You will have to select some options from the menu. I don't have any actual experience with this kit, but it gets good reviews. Edge makes a good starter bow. I would probably start with the 40# bow.

Comment

I will be home around 9pm tonight and can send you what i have, as it would be nearly exactly what youre looking for. i thought i wanted to get into traditional, but it just never tickled my fancy the way i thought it would... i like wheels and reels.. plus, i dont need another hobby.. haha

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
        I will be home around 9pm tonight and can send you what i have, as it would be nearly exactly what youre looking for. i thought i wanted to get into traditional, but it just never tickled my fancy the way i thought it would... i like wheels and reels.. plus, i dont need another hobby.. haha
        Sounds good. Are you wanting to sell it?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
          Sounds good. Are you wanting to sell it?
          Yea, I'm open to it.

Sorry, just leaving work. Some citizens still protesting..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
            Yea, I'm open to it.

Sorry, just leaving work. Some citizens still protesting..

Stay safe man!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
              Stay safe man!
              Been lucky so far.

PM sent

Comment

Ended up heading to Fort Grard Archery Shop in Weatherford this afternoon and they got me all hooked up. I bought a 45lb bow made by Southwest Archery along with everything I needed. I also shot a 30lb Legacy. They didn’t have any 40lb right hand bows in my price range and I felt comfortable shooting the 45lb bow so I went that route. I did shoot a 40lb bow that was owned by one of the gentlemen in the shop. His bow was in the $600 price range and was beautiful and shot beautifully! I’m not quite ready to drop that kind of money on a bow but one day I will be if I stick with it. My wife commented that she was jealous after I paid for the 45lb bow, arrows, stringer, etc. so I convinced her to shoot the 30lb Legacy I shot. We ended up getting her a bow as well. I may start on her 30 to learn the ropes then move to the 45lb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the addiction!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

yep...as Bisch said...its all over now!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X