June 2020 Photo Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 2020 Photo Contest

Getting this started again since we didn't have an April and May contest.

Topic of the month will be MOTION.

RULES FOR THE CONTEST - **RIP Jaspro**

1. We will have 1 thread, located in the Photography Forum for photo submissions.

2. Entries are restricted to 1 per participant. If you post more than 1 on the thread you are automatically disqualified for that month's competition.

3. I'll start it off by picking a theme for the remainder of this month. Pictures must be submitted by midnight the last day of the month.

4. By the 5th day of the following month a winner will be chosen by the previous month's winner.

5. The person whose picture is chosen will then select a topic for the following month's assignment.

6. The person in charge of one month will then select a winner for that month. The winner from that month will then select a topic for the following month. We will repeat this rotation from month to month, but the winner of one month will not be eligible to be the judge the following month. In other words, you can't select your own photo.

7. Critiques on ways to use lighting, shutter speed, composition and other factors to improve photo quality are accepted and encouraged. Hopefully participants will be open to constructive criticism and suggestions.

8. If someone wants to use photoshop it is allowed, to the point the original subject and content has not been altered beyond reality.

9. Lobbying for one's own photo is not necessary. Just post the pic and perhaps the EXIF information.

10. Try to keep topics as outdoor-related as possible. Creative interpretation of topics is encouraged.

My June entry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
      My June entry!

Nice
      How fast was that?

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
        Getting this started again since we didn't have an April and May contest.

Topic of the month will be MOTION.

RULES FOR THE CONTEST - **RIP Jaspro**

1. We will have 1 thread, located in the Photography Forum for photo submissions.

2. Entries are restricted to 1 per participant. If you post more than 1 on the thread you are automatically disqualified for that month's competition.

3. I'll start it off by picking a theme for the remainder of this month. Pictures must be submitted by midnight the last day of the month.

4. By the 5th day of the following month a winner will be chosen by the previous month's winner.

5. The person whose picture is chosen will then select a topic for the following month's assignment.

6. The person in charge of one month will then select a winner for that month. The winner from that month will then select a topic for the following month. We will repeat this rotation from month to month, but the winner of one month will not be eligible to be the judge the following month. In other words, you can't select your own photo.

7. Critiques on ways to use lighting, shutter speed, composition and other factors to improve photo quality are accepted and encouraged. Hopefully participants will be open to constructive criticism and suggestions.

8. If someone wants to use photoshop it is allowed, to the point the original subject and content has not been altered beyond reality.

9. Lobbying for one's own photo is not necessary. Just post the pic and perhaps the EXIF information.

10. Try to keep topics as outdoor-related as possible. Creative interpretation of topics is encouraged.
        Will you be starting an entry thread, or is this it?

Is the rule still in effect that the picture needs to be taken in the month of the contest? In this case, pics need to be taken in 06/20?

Just want clarification. Thanks.

Comment

Yes.

Picture must have been taken in the month of the competition, June 2020.

Also, there will be a separate entry thread on June 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
            Nice
            How fast was that?

Honestly I can’t remember! Probably 40-50Mph.

Comment

Originally posted by chongo View Post
              Yes.

Picture must have been taken in the month of the competition, June 2020.

Also, there will be a separate entry thread on June 1st.

Awe dang. I didn’t know they had to be taken within that month.

Comment

Get out in the next 10 - 30 days and get another one! Cool shot!

Comment

Just an excuse to get back out on the water! That's a cool shot though!

Comment

I haven't participated in a while I am going to try and get something worth submitting.

Comment

Here are a few of mine.
                      Attached Files

Comment

And a few more
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                          And a few more
                          DQ!

"2. Entries are restricted to 1 per participant. If you post more than 1 on the thread you are automatically disqualified for that month's competition."

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            DQ!

"2. Entries are restricted to 1 per participant. If you post more than 1 on the thread you are automatically disqualified for that month's competition."
                            This is the intro thread. It's purpose is to show examples that others might want to follow for the actual contest. Actual contest thread is posted later.

Comment

Working...
                            X