• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem.

Gary

Comment

After some good research today, I did find out something:

Not all bows (or lbs of pull) are created equal.
      ——- i know of a 61lb bow that shoots same grain arrow at 177 FPS. Normally I wouldn’t think about 15 FPS but that’s 13lbs heavier draw!!
      Last edited by stick_string; 01-31-2020, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Yes there are definitely reasons bows, like anything else, have price break points.

Gary

Comment

DRT, I get that...but the recurve was $800+....this one was only $180.

Comment

That $180 bow will kill anything the $800 one will.

Gary

Comment

I think you are fine with that arrow speed and weight for deer, elk, moose within 25 yards. Just make sure you're shooting a two blade for the elk and moose. I'm not big on the single vs. double bevel thing, but in that situation a single bevel will help on elk or moose ribs.

Comment

Thank you Trumpkin! I shoot the stinger 4blade. (2 blade with tiny bleeders)

Comment

Originally posted by stick_string View Post
                  Thank you Trumpkin! I shoot the stinger 4blade. (2 blade with tiny bleeders)
                  Those will do nicely!

Comment

I hope so...I appreciate all the support from this group!
                    Last edited by stick_string; 02-01-2020, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Yep, not all bows are created equal. Most inexpensive bows will kill just the same.

But more expensive bows often have one advantage other than being prettier. Draw profile, effeciency, and grip comfort. I have a 50# longbow that is a terrible shooter... shocks the crap out of you and doesnt hit very hard and stacks like a librarian. I pick up my widow, and I don't feel the weight until a dozen shots later. It is so smooth and hits hard. Plus, its purdy and comfy as hell.

I recently picked up a mesa longbow ($230) and I like that thing. Doesn't hit as hard, but mid grade smooth and almost no shock for a longbow that light.

Certainly most bows can kill just the same... but some bows are more comfortable to bring into the field with you.

Comment

Galaxy Ember and Manderin Black Hunter

Originally posted by stick_string View Post
                        I can pull 60# all day. My challenge is I cannot get limbs for the Ember in anything high then 55lbs at 28inches. I draw 27ish....puts me at 48-50lbs.

You should only lose about 2-3#/inch, depending on the bow. If you got 55# limbs, and you draw 27”, you should be at about 51-53#.

Now, if your DL is actually 26”, then you should be at 48-50#.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hey Bisch! I pull probably lose to 26.5 to 27 (remeasured after last night). And I am pulling right at 50lbs. I would love to be at 54lbs, but last night I sent one from the ember through the back straps of a Aoudad Ewe with and it went to the fletching. She will for sure live but I think I have enough to get the job done. If I pursue elk or moose with this weight, I will likely go to a two blade stinger...

Comment

And I am back in the same stand as last night hoping she is crazy enough to come back!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Shoot her!

Gary

Comment

Where are you hunting doodads at???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X