No announcement yet.

Purchasing a Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought my wife one for her bday in September in hopes I could drive it back and forth from work everyday. She never lets me drive it!! Haha. She loves it and so do I. We have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yotaman View Post
      4runner will not have near the problems, cuz yknow, TOYOTA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
      You wont get any waves in a toyota either.

My wife loves her 15 Wrangler Unlimited. Terraflex leveling kit with toyo r/t 33's.

She has had it for a year and a half and this years christmas is 40 percent jeep related stuff.

You dont need the rubicon if your just putzing around in it and using as a daily driver. If you plan to seriously use it then yes, get the rubbi.

They are easy to work on and i love making her happy by adding new stuff for her. If you can swing it get a new one. The cost savings vs mileage of used is about zero.

We did a trip to Asheville NC over the summer in it. Im 6'7 and fit fine. The ride did suck at the end but thats after 17 hours straight thru. The new ones arent bad with the new suspensions.
      Last edited by Turtlewax; 11-29-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Not sure how far out the next driver will be but it might make sense to keep that Suburban and put your daughter on that one as her primary driver(on paper). That could save you a bunch on insurance premiums if the timing is right.

Comment

12 or newer rent one for the weekend if you can the ride is not for everyone but not as bad as some make it out to be. If the lift was done right ride will not suffer may even improve over stock. My current 2dr rides rougher than any 4dr I've owned and i still use it as my DD and could drive coast to coast in my leather seats.

No need for a Rubicon unless you just want to pay the price to be in the"cool kids club" I have yet to go on a trail in mine that I could not follow them without ease and I have no lockers. Electronic sway bar disconnect is just one more this to break. The shocks and springs will need to be replaced once you lift so all you get left with is a higher payment and Cool sticker.

Find any good clean used one with auto tranny, 3.73 gears and a electronic locking rear diff (Willys and Sahara packages had it as stock option), hard top will cut down on road noise and cost more to get after market than a soft top. If you can find one lifted and with a winch, front and rear replacement bumpers that is a plus there are tons out there that were mall crawlers that the fun wear off and got traded in.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by justintyme8303; 11-29-2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Just get a cheap one and put a Rubicon sticker on the hood.... and put a 3500 emblem right after it. That'll make it look tough for next to nothing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a waste of money unless it's your second just-for-fun ride

Comment

Purchasing a Jeep

Here is a pic of my wife's the first week she had it. Dang woman is always trying to run around topless [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Reynolds4; 11-29-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
                  Just get a cheap one and put a Rubicon sticker on the hood.... and put a 3500 emblem right after it. That'll make it look tough for next to nothing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                  Nooooo
                  Attached Files

Comment

Someone want to buy mine??? Looking to sell it this weekend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X