Vinyl, aluminum, or composite windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl, aluminum, or composite windows

There are so many options!!! Looking for some guidance on window selection. We are building a barndo in Navarro county and i need to get windows ordered this week to make sure they are here before the building erection happens. Ive priced andersen fibrex windows and WOW. They are 3-4x the price of plygem 1100 series vinyl windows. I dont have to have the most expensive product but i will pay more for quality and increased efficiency.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Vinyl, Sold them, installed them and have them.

Comment

I have been looking at them and am leaning towards aluminum. They are 8n the same price range as the vinyl.

Vinyl quality is all over the board.
      Last edited by Greenheadless; 07-14-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Anderson vinyl on our house 3 years ago. HUGE difference. We put the middle of the road ones which pivot in the middle (double hung?)

11 Windows was 3200 bucks. My light bill had dropped 50% between that and new insulation in attic

Comment

Aluminum.

Comment

I got vinyl wrapped aluminum. Love them. I saw some bad vinyl jobs at customers houses so I was leery of just vinyl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I am looking at my quote for plygem 1500 series vs Andersen Series 100 Fibrex. Andersen is 2500.00 more .From what I've heard Andersen 10x better window. I'm gonna get the Andersen.

Comment

That's for 33 windows though.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                  Vinyl, Sold them, installed them and have them.
                  Not to high jack this thread , but maybe it would help to OP also . What brand would you recommend if you were to give a recommendation ?

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
                    I got vinyl wrapped aluminum. Love them. I saw some bad vinyl jobs at customers houses so I was leery of just vinyl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    This s what I saw as well. I did run across some vinyl wrapped aluminum that I liked, can’t remember the brand though. The installation company was the deal breaker though.

Comment

Tag

Comment

Nothing wrong with Plygem 1100 series for the cost. A step up would be Showcase but its relative to cost. Wouldn't consider aluminum unless the solar heat gain was way higher and a proven company history. Window business is a whore game ....they come and go. MI and Krestmark are crap in my opinion. If you feel like spending some real money... Pella, Marvin, or Lincoln have a lot to offer. If your looking for a little more style, consider a SDL (simulated divided light) on the front windows.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                          I am looking at my quote for plygem 1500 series vs Andersen Series 100 Fibrex. Andersen is 2500.00 more .From what I've heard Andersen 10x better window. I'm gonna get the Andersen.

I'd like to know where you got your Andersen quote. The fibrex really peaks my interest.

Below is what I have quotes on so far.

Andersen 100 - $6k
                          Pella 350 - $10K
                          Atrium 160 - $2900
                          Some other contractor grade vinyl - $1800

1 - 3'x5' triple
                          1 - 2'x3' double
                          9 - 2'x5'
                          4 - 2'x3'

All new const., single hung, no grilles, low-e glass.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by bigdaddy590; 07-14-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

We happened to be in BMC going over our window order with the salesman. The plygems we decided on did not come bronze/bronze without being special order. The Andersen rep happened to be in the store that day and sat down with us . Had the quote emailed to me by the end of the day

Comment

Putting in plygem vinyl now

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180712_160613511.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	24546401

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X