Housing pricing in Midland/Odessa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah like crazy stupid on pricing. We received our appraisal yesterday. We purchased the house 28 yrs ago for $62,500.00

Now? $215,000 is the appraisal. Yeah more taxes but I will not fight it. Housing is crazy right now around here. People are offering OVER the asking price to get into a house.

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
    Yeah like crazy stupid on pricing. We received our appraisal yesterday. We purchased the house 28 yrs ago for $62,500.00

Now? $215,000[emoji33] is the appraisal. Yeah more taxes but I will not fight it. Housing is crazy right now around here. People are offering OVER the asking price to get into a house.

My house went up 100k in 6 years in Baton Rouge. Not a bad thing but I’ll end up giving it back when I buy a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      My house went up 100k in 6 years in Baton Rouge.

Holy Moly that's crazy

Comment

Why not fight your taxes

Comment

Bro been trying to tell you to sell and buy around here.

Comment

When the next bust cycle comes those paying to much for a house will be bailing.

Comment

It’s that way most everywhere right now. Sell and you’ll be in the ridiculous asking price or over crowd.

Comment

So they can't raise taxes, but they can control the valuation of our property to get the money they want from us. As already stated, if you sell replacing it will definitely have you paying with the over priced crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                  When the next bust cycle comes those paying to much for a house will be bailing.
                  Yep. It's a vicious cycle for sure.

Comment

It’s really crazy there. I turned down a position twice there because I would spend way more just to downgrade housing by moving. To make a lateral move would cost me $100k+

Not only that but they don’t last on the market either unless they’re priced ridiculous

Comment

I bought my place in Midland 13 years ago. 15 acres and a house. I sold 10 acres and kept 5 acres and the house last year for 30k more than it cost when I bought it.

I sold it because of the taxes, Rape I tell ya.

Comment

When we moved 3 years ago we sold our house for $100k more than we bought it for 10 years before. And it wasn’t even booming like it is now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Over 28 years that's less than 5% return per year which may put the appraisal in perspective. But you are correct, Midland's housing prices are inflated because of the oil and gas industry (certainly not because of the scenery).

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            My house went up 100k in 6 years in Baton Rouge. Not a bad thing but I’ll end up giving it back when I buy a new one.

You aren't learning to tell your wife "No"?

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton View Post
                              Over 28 years that's less than 5% return per year which may put the appraisal in perspective. But you are correct, Midland's housing prices are inflated because of the oil and gas industry (certainly not because of the scenery).
                              Yep hotel rooms are 400 to 500 per night here.

Comment

Working...
                              X