No announcement yet.

Anyone wear vests daily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear vests a lot. Search Men's Western Vest on Amazon. They have tons. Most are too short for my liking and even though I am 5'11", I go with the XLT (tall). I don't like my shirt or CCW to show below the vest.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
      I wear vests a lot. Search Men's Western Vest on Amazon. They have tons. Most are too short for my liking and even though I am 5'11", I go with the XLT (tall). I don't like my shirt or CCW to show below the vest.
      Im 6’2” and thats my biggest concern is getting one long enough to cover my holster. I also want to make sure its light enough to wear in warmer months. Been looking on Amazon but those are the biggest reasons I haven’t pulled the trigger on any.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
        Im 6’2” and thats my biggest concern is getting one long enough to cover my holster. I also want to make sure its light enough to wear in warmer months. Been looking on Amazon but those are the biggest reasons I haven’t pulled the trigger on any.
        Look for vintage western wear stores near you and go try them on. Some are longer than others. There is one in Fredericksburg I like, Texas Jack, I think. They have some of the same brands as Amazon at similar prices and I can try them on. The talls work ok, but will expose your belt with any movement. If I were going to carry with a vest, I would look at Wyoming Trader CC Vests. Lightweight and reasonable.

Comment

I wear a black cinch one often. $100 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
            Here one you might like:
            Lol, that’s great. I wear one at work everyday. Mine’s made for stopping bullets

Comment

Just open carry. Problem solved

Comment

Kind of off topic....I personally carry a G17 OWB and I’m 6-4 so I know the struggle you’re having. However I don’t worry about printing, profiling, showing or whatever other words people call It because honestly NO BODY PAYS ATTENTION anymore. Everyone is to busy with their life be It in the grocery store, phones, chasing kids, applying copious amounts of make up or whatever else that very few people have any kind of situational awareness. I wear t shirts 90% of the time and even while reaching for something off the top shelf for some old lady at the grocery store, no body notices.

I used to be concerned with printing myself, thought It would make me a target until I realized that well, nobody pays attention.

All that being said, I do have a G43 for ankle carry if I feel like I’m going to an event or place where a tucked in shirt is necessary. Either that or I just sling my suppressed SBR...it’s not even black and people still get in a fit over It. Smh.

Comment

Talk to the Walmart greeters and ask where to get one. Is that the type you're asking about? We're having a discussion about the Walmart greeter vest

Comment

Mountain Khaki has some nice ones but more for cooler weather.

Comment

I wear vests often. A 5.11 in black is my go to. Also have a Banana Republic I use when photographing. I also have a Columbia, an Eddie Bauer, a Carbartt, one from Concealed Carry Clothiers and several others. Had a Tilley Vest but sold it. They almost all came from thrift stores.

Comment

OP can you post a pic of what you're taking about? I've never worn a vest, but this thread is interesting

Comment

does kevlar count ?

Comment

and Columbia, North Face, Bob Timberlake, Red Head...

Comment

The Wyoming Traders with the built in holsters are great.

Comment

I bought this vest on here a few months ago and i love it. Gotten many, many compliments on it. I've worn it hunting, working outside, everyday functions, and also when dressing up with the cinch, ariats, and sombrero.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X