GMC 6.2L half ton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMC 6.2L half ton

Anyone have a GMC half ton with the 6.2L??? I'm curious of the pulling power and actual milage.

Father in law had one with 6" lift and 35's and averaged 14-15 mpg with 3:73 rear end. I drove it quite a bit, was a really nice truck

Comment

I really like mine. Plenty of power for several heavy loads I have hauled.

I guess I haven't really checked the mileage. lol

Comment

I have 2014 in the High Country model with the 6.2. It has just over 80k miles with a lifetime fuel economy of 15.5 city/highway. It will absolutely fly and pull like a D8. I wouldn't have anything else now.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
          I have 2014 in the High Country model with the 6.2. It has just over 80k miles with a lifetime fuel economy of 15.5 city/highway. It will absolutely fly and pull like a D8. I wouldn't have anything else now.

That's what I'm looking for. I currently have a 12 f250 with the 6.2 but don't really need a truck that big. That's why I'm looking at possibly getting a GMC with the 6.2. Power when I pull my trailer (25-30 times a year) and better fuel mileage for everyday windshield time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
            That's what I'm looking for. I currently have a 12 f250 with the 6.2 but don't really need a truck that big. That's why I'm looking at possibly getting a GMC with the 6.2. Power when I pull my trailer (25-30 times a year) and better fuel mileage for everyday windshield time.
            I got out of an f250 and the ride is awesome in the 1/2 ton.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              I got out of an f250 and the ride is awesome in the 1/2 ton.
              I do miss the ride of my F150 but it was a toad once you hooked a trailer to it!!! Need something with a little more umphhh than what Ford offers in a half ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                Anyone have a GMC half ton with the 6.2L??? I'm curious of the pulling power and actual milage.
                3.5 ecoboost tows better. Probably not noticeable much.

The 3.5 eco and 6.2 are best half ton engines IMO. I faced the same dilemma as you and chose the Ford because I liked the interior more and I hunt and tow trailers out west and wanted the altitude advantages of a turbo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

You are supposed to run premium fuel in your 6.2 but other than that I love my '17 GMC All Terrain with the 6.2.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                    3.5 ecoboost tows better. Probably not noticeable much.

The 3.5 eco and 6.2 are best half ton engines IMO. I faced the same dilemma as you and chose the Ford because I liked the interior more and I hunt and tow trailers out west and wanted the altitude advantages of a turbo.

I had two ecoboosts and neither towed better than the 6.2 does for me. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.8mmSPC View Post
                      You are supposed to run premium fuel in your 6.2 but other than that I love my '17 GMC All Terrain with the 6.2.
                      I've never ran anything but regular unlead in mine.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        I had two ecoboosts and neither towed better than the 6.2 does for me. Not even close.
                        Not even close? Glad you like your truck.

Comment

I have a '12 6.2. It will pull a house but I get about 11-13 empty. Less than 10mpg w a load. To be fair I drive it like it's on fire.

Comment

I just sold a 2010 Chevy with the 6.2. It averaged 14.5 mpg and had 150k on the odometer without a lick of trouble. I'd be willing to bet the highly stressed EcoBoost engines won't prove as durable in the long run.

Comment

I have the 6.2 in a 2015 f250. It has plenty of power. It's a great motor. But I'm only getting about 10.8 to 11.5 mpg. I do drive it pretty heard though

Comment

Working...
                              X