ISO Cattle Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO Cattle Lease

My brother and I were just notified that we have to move our cows to a different location. We have approximately 50 head. Looking to keep them fairly close or in between Waco and College Station. If anyone has any info on a place please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump for you. Same thing happened to me in Ellis county. Still looking here also.

Comment

Bump

Whats the going rate for grazing leases? I have been wanting to start buying cows but no land to run them on.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
        Bump

Whats the going rate for grazing leases? I have been wanting to start buying cows but no land to run them on.

10 bucks an acre

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          10 bucks an acre

Annually like a deer lease?

Comment

Mine is.

Comment

Oh yes sorry. That is the rate we are getting for the unimproved pasture so we keep the Ag exemption. The deal was already in place when we bought the land. I don’t want to deal with cattle and don’t want to pay more in taxes. Works for both of us.

Cattle are a pain in the ***. Your don’t just put them in the pasture and and come spring haul off calf’s for cash.

For example had to call him because one calf had head stuck in a bucket. Had one stupid cow that thought the grass on the other side of the tree looked better so stuck her head thru the crotch in the trunk where another branch grew back across. Had to cut the tree in half while a crazy mad scared huge animal is throwing a fit. One stuck in the mud in the creek.

Worst was a momma cow walking along with live calf dangling out of her woohoo. It was hard to watch. We tried to help get calf out but she died. Finally we had to pin the momma cow in the chute and use a cone along to winch the dead calf out. At least the momma lived.

Oh and then the bull hos thought he could walk the cattle guard. Broke his leg and got it stuck in the cattle guard. Had to shot him then cut his leg off to get it out and drag the carcass off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                Oh yes sorry. That is the rate we are getting for the unimproved pasture so we keep the Ag exemption. The deal was already in place when we bought the land. I don’t want to deal with cattle and don’t want to pay more in taxes. Works for both of us.

Cattle are a pain in the ***. Your don’t just put them in the pasture and and come spring haul off calf’s for cash.

For example had to call him because one calf had head stuck in a bucket. Had one stupid cow that thought the grass on the other side of the tree looked better so stuck her head thru the crotch in the trunk where another branch grew back across. Had to cut the tree in half while a crazy mad scared huge animal is throwing a fit. One stuck in the mud in the creek.

Worst was a momma cow walking along with live calf dangling out of her woohoo. It was hard to watch. We tried to help get calf out but she died. Finally we had to pin the momma cow in the chute and use a cone along to winch the dead calf out. At least the momma lived.

Oh and then the bull hos thought he could walk the cattle guard. Broke his leg and got it stuck in the cattle guard. Had to shot him then cut his leg off to get it out and drag the carcass off.

Sounds like fun!

Comment

My parents only got $3 per acre then they stopped grazing on their fields, how much land can support 50 head?

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                    My parents only got $3 per acre then they stopped grazing on their fields, how much land can support 50 head?
                    You need 100 acres for 50 full size cows. But, if you have 25 momma cows and 25 calves...then 50-75 acres will work. ** also depends on the terrane.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                      You need 100 acres for 50 full size cows. But, if you have 25 momma cows and 25 calves...then 50-75 acres will work. ** also depends on the terrane.
                      Totally depends on where the ranch is located. Cattle guy has 25-30 mama cows on my 587 acres.. So around 50 now that they have calves. And it seems like way too many.

Comment

Better figure 5 acres per cow on improved pasture or you won't be able to pay your feed bill.

Comment

Found 47ac for 350 a month seem kinda high based of what you guys are saying.

Comment

We have been grazing 5 cows per acre on very good grass. All depends on grass content.

Comment

Some of this is hard to read.

Comment

Working...
                              X