Pellet Grills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pellet Grills

Anyone used a Green Mountain Grill? Thinking about giving one a shot but having a hard time wrapping my head around this concept.

Looking for a good and/or bad report!?!?

I use a Traeger very often. No complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We just got my dad a Traeger also. Cooked some ribs for easter and used to smoke some jerkey this past weekend. Worked great!!!

Comment

I use a pit boss 820 deluxe. It’s been extremely well used and haven’t had one complaint with it. Academy runs them on sale often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by varminthunter View Post
          having a hard time wrapping my head around this concept.
          Think of it as a wood (pellet) burning oven.
          The thermostat controls how fast the wood is fed into the "hot pot".
          The convection fan keeps it burning smoothly.
          It holds the temperature that you set.

I'd never done a brisket or ribs until we got our Traeger.
          The only regret that I have, is not getting a bigger one.

Comment

I have a green mountain pellet grill and use it all the time. Cooks awesome and smoking stuff is so easy. I have the Daniel Boone with wifi. Don't use the wifi feature much but it is nice to have.

Comment

How fast do they cook compared to propane stoves?

Like, a couple days a week I feel like just making a fast dinner for the fam so I just throw some burgers or sausage or something on the gas stove and turn the heat up and it's done super fast.. Are they pretty comparable in this sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                I use a Traeger very often. No complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I've been pretty disappointed with the amount of smoke mine puts out. Not nearly enough. It will smoke for a couple minutes, followed by many more minutes of no smoke. Doesn't matter what pellets I use. It cooked a good, juicy brisket, but I would hardly say that it smoked it. There was no bark at all.

I added an A-MAZ-N tube to it, and it has made a huge difference.

Comment

I got a GMG Daniel Boone last week, still getting used to it. its really a wood flavored oven. no more heating house up with the oven.

Comment

I've got a Memphis. Does better than most on the smoking part. I have found a couple of different pellets that put off a little more smoke. I also cook at a much lower temp to give it more time to take on smoke. Mine heats up just as fast as my propane grill, but I always let my grills get nice an hot before I grill something. Tastes a lot better too. They are just real easy to use. My offset only gets used if I'm cooking a large amount.

Comment

I use a Yoder pellet smoker and love it.

Comment

had my green mountain for 3 years and love it. traeger used to be king but has goe down hill from what I have read. cook everything from burgers to ribs and brisket. rarely use any of my other grills now. wait til mothers day or fathers day and they have them on sale at a pretty big discount. got mine at bbq galore in ft worth
                        Last edited by ckamp52; 04-17-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

I love my GMG Daniel Boone Wi-Fi, and the Cookin Pellets perfect blend pellets (Amazon)!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a Traeger for the house and loved it so much bought another one for the ranch

Comment

Rec Tec here and love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X