Best factory magnum rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best factory magnum rifle

I am looking for a factory 300 win mag. Not looking to spend the money on a custom rig. I was looking at the Remington 700 long range. They are only $650 with a B&C m40 stock. Are they any good.

What else is out there is comparable. I would like to have something with a little more weight to soak up the recoil but not a bench rifle weight.

The most important thing is an accurate rifle. Second is a rifle I can put on my pack and carry for a long distance.

I was looking at the ruger hawkeye ftw hunter but it is much more expensive.
    What would you’ll recommend?

Thanks
    Brandon

Might want to look into the Weatherby MKV line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I was to buy a factory rifle and not mess with it, I would buy a Tikka.

Comment

I would look hard at this rifle or a Sako 75

http://www.armslist.com/posts/784396...ading-supplies

75..... http://www.armslist.com/posts/619954...-300-win--mag-

Comment

Remington 5R 300 Win Mag

Comment

Tough to beat a Tikka

Comment

I put my rem 700 in a McMillan hunter stock and was pleasantly surprised how well it soaked up felt recoil. Mine is a sporter weight rifle, not a heavy barrel rig.

Comment

Take a serious look at the Ruger Guide Gun. I got one in 30-06 and it’s amazing. Recoil is reduced significantly with the factory break and butt pad, iron sights are good, comes with rings and the laminate wood stock is all weather ready. It’s about $1,000 out the door but check it out.

Comment

If you want the most accurate, then go with the Savage line-up.

Comment

Check out the Christensen arms mesa! It's a great rifle that has a sub MOA guarantee. Not too heavy not too light and just a little over $1k.

Comment

Budget of $650? I'd get a tikka.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Weatherby, over and out!

Comment

Man after my own heart.

Originally posted by jefandaward View Post
                          Take a serious look at the Ruger Guide Gun. I got one in 30-06 and it’s amazing. Recoil is reduced significantly with the factory break and butt pad, iron sights are good, comes with rings and the laminate wood stock is all weather ready. It’s about $1,000 out the door but check it out.
                          Buy the Ruger, pull the stock off, put a bead of silicon two inches back from the front of the forend, torque the screw to 95 inch pounds, let it dry over night and you have a custom tackdriver that doesn’t kick too hard.

People spend way to much on free floating when sometimes flexible contact is best!

The guide gun has a good stiff barrel and a barrel sling mount, its a MAN’S gun!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
                              Man after my own heart.

Buy the Ruger, pull the stock off, put a bead of silicon two inches back from the front of the forend, torque the screw to 95 inch pounds, let it dry over night and you have a custom tackdriver that doesn’t kick too hard.

People spend way to much on free floating when sometimes flexible contact is best!

The guide gun has a good stiff barrel and a barrel sling mount, its a MAN’S gun!

95 inch pounds? You trying to shear a bolt off? Cuz that’s how you do it lol.

OP. $650 is tough. I’d look used for sure. Tikka if new. But it’s gonna stomp you in a 300.

Comment

Working...
                              X