Gun safe opinions? Brands and models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun safe opinions? Brands and models

Going to be in the market for a safe at the end of the month. Going to be for guns and important docs

Looking for experiences on different brands and models. Looking at anything from a 40ish -60ish gun safe. Going to be installed in the garage

I want a traditional rotary type lock, no electronic lock.

What do y'all have, neat features, lights, plugs, etc. customer service!!

Budget ranges from $1000-$2000
    Last edited by tbeak; 01-22-2018, 02:34 PM.

Sturdy safes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You can get a nice Winchester (52 gun) safe in that price point.

Comment

Liberty!

Comment

In for this.....I'm in the same boat as the OP. Really like the Liberty Fatboy but everywhere local is out of stock till February and want ~$2500-2700 for the safe and another $300-500 for delivery

Comment

My dad has a fat boy and it seems like a nice one. I'll pay the additional for delivery!!

Comment

Is there a big difference between the Liberty Fatboy and the Fatboy that Cabela's sells?

Comment

Originally posted by jmhartt View Post
                In for this.....I'm in the same boat as the OP. Really like the Liberty Fatboy but everywhere local is out of stock till February and want ~$2500-2700 for the safe and another $300-500 for delivery
                The Fatboy is UL rated as RSC. For $3400 you can get a professionally refurbished, six side UL-30 commercial jewelry store vault that weighs 3500 lbs empty, delivered and installed in your house. Price will be higher if you have doors that can allow a huge vault to fit through. You pick the color. The door has two locks, you pick the types, mix, match.

Send me a PM if you want details.

Comment

I have a Dakota and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhartt View Post
                    I have this safe. Paid $2100 out the door from sharp shooters in Lubbock. There’s several online places that cheap and if I recall some had free curbside shipping. It’s stupid heavy. Get lots of help and pvc to roll it on. I had mine delivered on a drop bed trailer and a hydraulic dolly. When I moved the movers did it. But me and my brother moved it to my new gun room from another bedroom and it was all we could do to get it done. It’ll pull carpet so take it real easy. And get 3/4” pvc. The 1/2” sunk in the carpet and pad and did no good lol

Comment

I did a lot of looking

Ended up with a Superior

Comment

Jmeg what sold you on Dakota? I've seen them before on the internet. Never in person

Same thing to you BT?

Comment

Remember anything called a gun safe is a residential security container and not a real safe. That said, I'm very happy with my Champion. In your price range, look for a mid-range Champion or Liberty. My researched suggested they were much better than the other RSC brands.

LWD

Comment

My only regret, was buying a safe that is only 60” tall. I wish I had bought one that was 72”.

I would like to have a little more storage space. I’m thinking of cutting the top and bottom off to weld in extension plate and then build a new interior.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Pleased w American Security- amsec. I would find one whose warranty covers floods however - amsec's doesn't

Comment

Working...
                              X