Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #101
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Here is a quick little video from this past Sunday. I think I figured out how to make it work.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO



And if that doesn't work here is the link to the video.

https://youtu.be/E3uV4cCK5LU

Last edited by bowhuntertex; 04-12-2018 at 02:10 PM.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #102
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Holler at me when you decide to sell Blazer. I may know a little blonde girl that might be interested in purchasing that horse.
Ok
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #103
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Ok
gracias amigo
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 08:08 AM   #104
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Not too bad of a weekend. 3 firsts and a second on Saturday, along with 2 seconds and 2 NT on Sunday. She should still be sitting in first in the High Point Race at both playdays. Barrel and pole races up the next two weekends.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 08:54 AM   #105
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Well we spent Friday and Saturday night in Mullin at a junior rodeo. Both kids rode good. My daughter has decided she wants to go fast which is good to see. Went to look at a horse on Sunday but was not what we are looking for. My daughter got on the mare again and looked good but didn’t haul her to the rodeo.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 09:01 AM   #106
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Well we spent Friday and Saturday night in Mullin at a junior rodeo. Both kids rode good. My daughter has decided she wants to go fast which is good to see. Went to look at a horse on Sunday but was not what we are looking for. My daughter got on the mare again and looked good but didnít haul her to the rodeo.
I bet that was an all night affair in Mullin. Tommy puts on a good Jr rodeo but my goodness they take forever.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 09:03 AM   #107
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Well we spent Friday and Saturday night in Mullin at a junior rodeo. Both kids rode good. My daughter has decided she wants to go fast which is good to see. Went to look at a horse on Sunday but was not what we are looking for. My daughter got on the mare again and looked good but didnít haul her to the rodeo.
I will ask my neighbor tonight if he has or know anyone who has a horse you might be interested in. He is always buying and selling rodeo horses for his kids as they move up.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 09:16 AM   #108
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I bet that was an all night affair in Mullin. Tommy puts on a good Jr rodeo but my goodness they take forever.
Letís just say it was a long wind blown weekend. My father in law announces all of Tommyís rodeos. There were a ton of kids there in Friday night. By the time we got back to Comanche and got the horses taken care of and I got in bed it was 3am Saturday morning. Fun times with the kids. They had a blast
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-16-2018, 09:33 AM   #109
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
I will ask my neighbor tonight if he has or know anyone who has a horse you might be interested in. He is always buying and selling rodeo horses for his kids as they move up.
Well she has found a whole new gear and asking the gelding for more. The mare we have is just not ready/match but they are going to continue to work with each other. Hopefully we can find another horse as well that is a match
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #110
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

video from the Blanco Cowboy Church Playday..........I am having fun just making the videos for her.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO


Here is the link if the video doesn't work.

https://youtu.be/VXEyf88edmk

Last edited by bowhuntertex; 04-18-2018 at 03:54 PM.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 05:24 PM   #111
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Nice video
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 05:27 PM   #112
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Letís just say it was a long wind blown weekend. My father in law announces all of Tommyís rodeos. There were a ton of kids there in Friday night. By the time we got back to Comanche and got the horses taken care of and I got in bed it was 3am Saturday morning. Fun times with the kids. They had a blast
We went to one in Goldthwaite last yr and I learned why I hate open Jr rodeos. The AJs and JR High high schools go so much faster
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2018, 07:11 PM   #113
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Well looks like we might have found another horse
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #114
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Got another horse bought. He is out of a 6666 horse called Paddys Irish Whiskey. Has awesome handle on him. Going to be fun to see what he does.

Another horse that we have at a trainer right now won a Ranch Reining Show last week in Waco.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-05-2018, 08:15 AM   #115
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

My daughter got 2nd place in poles and barrels last night at a rodeo in Blanket. She was happy with her runs and so was I. The arena was in good shape considering how much rain they got
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2018, 09:41 AM   #116
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Daughter ran again last night in Blanket and got 2nd place agin in barrels and poles. She collected a check for the weekend so she was happy.

Rode the new horse yesterday afternoon and she fell in love with it from the word go. Can’t wait to see what she does with him.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #117
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Got another horse bought. He is out of a 6666 horse called Paddys Irish Whiskey. Has awesome handle on him. Going to be fun to see what he does.

Another horse that we have at a trainer right now won a Ranch Reining Show last week in Waco.
Good deal. Looking forward to seeing how your daughter and the new horse mesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
My daughter got 2nd place in poles and barrels last night at a rodeo in Blanket. She was happy with her runs and so was I. The arena was in good shape considering how much rain they got
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Daughter ran again last night in Blanket and got 2nd place agin in barrels and poles. She collected a check for the weekend so she was happy.

Rode the new horse yesterday afternoon and she fell in love with it from the word go. Canít wait to see what she does with him.
congrats on the check.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #118
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

My daughter finished up a playday series at Tejas rodeo and ended up PeeWee Champion for the series and ended up with 2 firsts, 3 seconds, and NT for the day.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 11:04 AM   #119
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Daughter ran again last night in Blanket and got 2nd place agin in barrels and poles. She collected a check for the weekend so she was happy.

Rode the new horse yesterday afternoon and she fell in love with it from the word go. Canít wait to see what she does with him.
Right on!!! Good Job
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #120
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
My daughter finished up a playday series at Tejas rodeo and ended up PeeWee Champion for the series and ended up with 2 firsts, 3 seconds, and NT for the day.
Nice. Congrats to your daughter on the series Champion
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 AM   #121
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Well we are headed to a Junior Rodeo in Comanche, Tx tomorrow. My daughter will ride Friday and Saturday night in poles and barrels again this weekend. Should be a good time
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #122
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Good Luck to ya'll Toby. Riley ran last night in Llano on a new horse. Even though she hit the second this mare it fast. I think Riley needs a few more runs on her to really get with her.

Tomorrow Riley runs in he CPRA rodeo in Burnet and sat and Sunday in Sweetwater.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #123
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Nice. Congrats to your daughter on the series Champion
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Well we are headed to a Junior Rodeo in Comanche, Tx tomorrow. My daughter will ride Friday and Saturday night in poles and barrels again this weekend. Should be a good time
Good luck to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Good Luck to ya'll Toby. Riley ran last night in Llano on a new horse. Even though she hit the second this mare it fast. I think Riley needs a few more runs on her to really get with her.

Tomorrow Riley runs in he CPRA rodeo in Burnet and sat and Sunday in Sweetwater.
Good luck Riley, ride it like you stole it.


Sarah is up Saturday in Blanco for the 2nd of 3 series. She has been forgetting to drive her horse so hopefully she pays more attention. She is also supposed carry the flag for the opening ceremonies Saturday morning as long as the wind isn't too strong.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #124
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Good Luck to ya'll Toby. Riley ran last night in Llano on a new horse. Even though she hit the second this mare it fast. I think Riley needs a few more runs on her to really get with her.

Tomorrow Riley runs in he CPRA rodeo in Burnet and sat and Sunday in Sweetwater.
Brandon hope the new horse works out for yíall. Good luck to your daughter this weekend and safe travels.

If we keep this road warrior stuff up we are going to have to get us a new trailer
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #125
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Brandon hope the new horse works out for yíall. Good luck to your daughter this weekend and safe travels.

If we keep this road warrior stuff up we are going to have to get us a new trailer
No kidding !!!Next weekend she runs in Chickasha Oklahoma!!!
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #126
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
No kidding !!!Next weekend she runs in Chickasha Oklahoma!!!

I hope we are to that level one day were we are going to bigger events. All my daughter wants to do is be on a horse and go compete at rodeos. This year she is really getting after it.

Here are pictures of her on the new horse and first ride on him last weekend. Hopefully this horse will be a good one.






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #127
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Good Lookin poney!!
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 01:21 PM   #128
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Riley made a smokin run Friday night at the Burnet CPRA rodeo. Finished 4th overall !!! It was a tight race.

Name:  9943A0D8-7680-4F8C-BCDB-31371E8D3C92.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  41.7 KB
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #129
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

This is Rileys run. Posting for Brandon. Hope it works.

https://youtu.be/THwx0nQYA0I

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #130
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

And that was a heck of a run Riley made. I gotta feeling we are gonna see her at the NFR before she gets pit of college.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #131
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Sarah had a good weekend in Blanco. 4 events 4 firsts in peewee 7-10 age group. She had the 2nd fastest pole run of the day out of all ages groups and 4th fast as barrel run for the day.

https://youtu.be/mA89yey8XqU

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #132
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
And that was a heck of a run Riley made. I gotta feeling we are gonna see her at the NFR before she gets pit of college.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Thanks Will for posting!!! We're gonna keep on trying to give the Perfect Effort and go on. Yellow chutes is our ultimate goal and a Gold Buckle !!!!

Last edited by BrandonA; 05-13-2018 at 07:38 PM.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #133
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Sarah had a good weekend in Blanco. 4 events 4 firsts in peewee 7-10 age group. She had the 2nd fastest pole run of the day out of all ages groups and 4th fast as barrel run for the day.

https://youtu.be/mA89yey8XqU

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Sarah did great, her confidence will come and she will open up
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 08:07 PM   #134
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Stiff competition Brandon. My daughter did fine this weekend. No money but she ran one of her fastest barrel times and pole times this weekend.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 08:32 PM   #135
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Stiff competition Brandon. My daughter did fine this weekend. No money but she ran one of her fastest barrel times and pole times this weekend.
That's great!! Keep telling her to "go be great". Every run.. Smile, have fun, go fast and kick ***!! That's what I tell Riley
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #136
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX
Hunt In: Open to Offers
Default

My son Clay riding a rank one last night.

Hoggslayer
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 06:39 AM   #137
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
My son Clay riding a rank one last night.

Hoggslayer
Heck yeah.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #138
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
My son Clay riding a rank one last night.

Hoggslayer
Nice
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 07:59 AM   #139
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
My son Clay riding a rank one last night.

Hoggslayer
Heck yeah!!! How many was he?
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 12:24 PM   #140
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX
Hunt In: Open to Offers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Heck yeah!!! How many was he?
He won because he was the only one to cover, but he never said what his score was. I wasn't at this one because he failed to tell his old man he was going to get on one. He said it was a spur of the moment decision.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #141
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
He won because he was the only one to cover, but he never said what his score was. I wasn't at this one because he failed to tell his old man he was going to get on one. He said it was a spur of the moment decision.
Where was the rodeo?
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #142
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young
 
Hoggslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Manvel, TX
Hunt In: Open to Offers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Where was the rodeo?
Alvin
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-14-2018, 03:19 PM   #143
Russ81
Pope & Young
 
Russ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazoria Co.
Hunt In: Mason County, Texas
Default

Good Olí AYLA arena!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #144
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Just got my daughter signed up for the district 4H Horse show in June. Got some time to get her prepared so she can qualify for State in July.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #145
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
Just got my daughter signed up for the district 4H Horse show in June. Got some time to get her prepared so she can qualify for State in July.
Where is your district horse show at?
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 04:46 PM   #146
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young
 
bowhuntertex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2000tx View Post
Where is your district horse show at?
district 10 is in Dripping Springs. If you go to 4H Connect and go to your daughters info. there is a drop down for signing up for stuff. There it will tell you when and where district is for your area. If it isn't there, I would call you county extension agent. They will know all that information.

State is what she is excited about. That will be in Abilene.
bowhuntertex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 07:26 PM   #147
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
district 10 is in Dripping Springs. If you go to 4H Connect and go to your daughters info. there is a drop down for signing up for stuff. There it will tell you when and where district is for your area. If it isn't there, I would call you county extension agent. They will know all that information.

State is what she is excited about. That will be in Abilene.
Yes State is fun and in Abilene. Will have to lookup and see where our district competition is. We have never gone past our county but since she won county we may have to see where it fits with the rodeos.
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #148
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

All the time while rodeoing I always believed in the power of positive thinking. I've always believed that practice doesn't make you perfect unless you practice perfect. Recently watched the movie " when we all stand tall"....or something like that. There was one quote that jumped out..." We don't expect you play the perfect game, that's impossible. What we do expect and you should demand of yourself, is give a perfect effort!!" That may just be the greatest motivational quote for kids. Told Riley this afternoon while practicing " Give us a perfect effort".
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:16 AM   #149
BrandonA
Pope & Young
 
BrandonA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Marble Falls/Burnet
Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County
Default

Couple of Fans from this past weekend

Name:  fans.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  63.0 KB

Name:  fans2.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  49.3 KB
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #150
aggie2000tx
Pope & Young
 
aggie2000tx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Krum, TX
Hunt In: Stonewall County
Default

Well my son had his first roping lesson tonight. Got a feeling this is going to get even more expensive
aggie2000tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com