Dog killing my chickens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog killing my chickens.

Long story short, my neighbors dog keeps killing my chickens. They don't keep there dogs in a fence. I have two dogs and they stay fenced in. It would be one thing if they kept there dogs fenced and the

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
    Long story short, my neighbors dog keeps killing my chickens. They don't keep there dogs in a fence. I have two dogs and they stay fenced in. It would be one thing if they kept there dogs fenced and the

Fenced in and they just got out. No they just run wild and this keeps happening. What are my options legally.

Comment

Got to protect what's yours. I'd let them know they're on notice that their dogs might not be coming back home in the near future. Good luck.

Comment

I'd give your neighbor a warning and then shoot them the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
          Got to protect what's yours. I'd let them know they're on notice that their dogs might not be coming back home in the near future. Good luck.
          But is this legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
            I'd give your neighbor a warning and then shoot them the next time.
            Is it legal

Comment

I'm one of the unpopular kids on the block, they suspect I'm the reason their dogs keep disappearing but nobody really knows for sure.

Comment

I'd call your local law enforcement to get the straight answer.

Comment

I can't recall if Texas is a fence "in" or fence "out" state. Find out that first. Then either contact your local animal control or LEO. I had some issues like this when I had hens. Dogs were getting out of a neighbors fence and then going over or digging under ours to harass our chickens. Talked to dog owner, talked to animal control. At some point the dogs just stopped coming over so my assumption was that the owner had taken a hand in keeping them in. Of course he accused me of shooting them. No idea but my hens were safe.

To be on the safe side for you you need to talk to both the owner and animal control. Establish that the dogs do this on a regular basis. You have a right to protect your livestock.

God bless and happy hunting.
                  Richard.

Comment

if you have informed the neighbor the dog is killing chickens and they have not resolved the issue and the act is happening on your property. then arm you chickens. if you can not get the chickens to kill the dog you have the right to protect your stock. nuff said.

Comment

What did the neighbors say when you addressed the killed chickens with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                        I can't recall if Texas is a fence "in" or fence "out" state. Find out that first. Then either contact your local animal control or LEO. I had some issues like this when I had hens. Dogs were getting out of a neighbors fence and then going over or digging under ours to harass our chickens. Talked to dog owner, talked to animal control. At some point the dogs just stopped coming over so my assumption was that the owner had taken a hand in keeping them in. Of course he accused me of shooting them. No idea but my hens were safe.

To be on the safe side for you you need to talk to both the owner and animal control. Establish that the dogs do this on a regular basis. You have a right to protect your livestock.

God bless and happy hunting.
                        Richard.
                        Fence in/fence out doesn't apply when you are protecting your property.

Comment

Texas penal code 42.092(e)(1)

e) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (b)(2) or (6) that:

(1) the animal was discovered on the person's property in the act of or after injuring or killing the person's livestock animals or damaging the person's crops and that the person killed or injured the animal at the time of this discover

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
                            Fence in/fence out doesn't apply when you are protecting your property.
                            It does if your property is on your neighbors property.

Comment

I don’t think it’s against the law to kill a dog if it’s killing your livestock.

Comment

Working...
                              X