Clay Wagner taxidermist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clay Wagner taxidermist?

Anybody use him before or know how to get ahold of him?
    I sent her m a big bobcat almost 2 years ago and he is now dodging my calls and text messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like your mount may be gone after 2 years.... Or he's super busy

Comment

Clay Wagner taxidermist?

I took him one in April of '14 and haven't heard a thing.

Edit: I should clarify that he told me up front, "I take a long time but you'll be happy with it. It will take at least a year".

I met him in person and chose him based on his reputation among other taxidermists and the quality of his work that I've seen up close. Not bad mouthing him at all. Just haven't been able to reach him.
      Last edited by WT; 11-07-2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I took it to him at the end of January and he originally told me it would be 6 months.... I thought that was really fast so no worries. I never heard anything from him and at 6 months just called to check in as we never discussed what pose for the cat.....says that will be getting to it in a couple weeks and will give me a call.....

I let 3 more months go by and call him up and same story......
        So on and so on...

Now last 3 time that I have called and left a message or texted he won't call back.

I'm not try to bad mouth him either but when he tells me that he is going to call me back or he gives me a date to expect it by I expect him to do that, or at least call me and let me know an update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe try facebook?

Comment

I gave him 2 cats September 2015. I spoke to him last week and he was getting ready to mount them. the best way to get ahold of him is to just call. He told me he has about 15 that he started last week.

Comment

He told me the same exact things haha. But it's been under a year. Said he was working on mine a couple weeks ago

I will add that he's been highly recommended by folks I trust. I'm sure it'll all turn out fine.
              Last edited by trophy8; 11-07-2016, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I've had multiple mounts done by him as he came highly reputed but nothing since 2013, it took time but they were always done within a year, his work was better than 95% of the stuff I've seen in the state, and no one does cats better.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  He told me the same exact things haha. But it's been under a year. Said he was working on mine a couple weeks ago

I will add that he's been highly recommended by folks I trust. I'm sure it'll all turn out fine.

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  I've had multiple mounts done by him as he came highly reputed but nothing since 2013, it took time but they were always done within a year, his work was better than 95% of the stuff I've seen in the state, and no one does cats better.

Yes, I agree that he came highly recommended and when I talked with him felt very comfortable sending my cat to him.
                  Again, not trying to bash but when first said only 6 months for turn around time. 6 months came and no word or call to verify the pose. Then couple months go by and it was about to get started, ect...

After the first call he would say let me look and will call you back and then went m.i.a.
                  About every 3 months I would try to get ahold of him and same thing....

If I was told that It will take 2 years then I would not bother or expect it until 2 years. But when you say it will be a couple more weeks or months, i expect it in that time frame. Or when I am told that I will call you tomorrow with an update I expect a call....

Not looking for anything special just the expectations that have been set.

Comment

If you find a taxidermist that can finish a job within 6 month and does quality work, let me know. Sounds like a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                      If you find a taxidermist that can finish a job within 6 month and does quality work, let me know. Sounds like a unicorn.

I agree and would never expect that, that is what he told me....

Comment

Clay is a good taxidermist but a terrible business man. He might be one of those guys that is in business for himself so he can choose how little he works.

He does this with a lot of people.

Comment

Clay is the best when it comes to bobcats...I'd wait 2 years to have one from him if that's what it took. I don't think this is out of the ordinary for him.

Comment

So did you ever hear from him?

Comment

Clay is a friend of mine. I have is phone number

Comment

Working...
                              X