Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience selling to a wrecking yard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any experience selling to a wrecking yard.

I have a Ford super duty. High Mileage, needs work. I don't feel dealing with tire kickers.

THey wont give you much, but it will be easy if you got a title

Comment

I had a 2008 Chevy 4x4 crew cab that crapped out in 2016, I got $3500 for it and it didn’t run. I was shocked, my pleasure might be that it was about $1000 more than I expected, but if it had been in running order I could have had about 8k on trade or 10k if I sold it

Comment

Title is not a problem. I bought the truck new in1998.

Comment

Had a 2000 F150 4X4 that blew the engine. Called one of those cash for cars places and got $500 for it. Body didn't have a dent in it and the rest of the running gear was perfect. It was worth way more than that, but I just didn't want to fool around with trying to deal with a bunch of folks.

Comment

Some charitable organizations will come pick up cars, trucks, boats, etc, as a donation...but that only makes sense if you itemize your income taxes.

Comment

CarMax might make an offer. They auction a good number of vehicles they buy anyway.

Comment

I have but don't expect them to ever transfer the title.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've sold cars to IQ Auto Buyers. I know they have a location in Houston. While in their office I heard them talking to people saying they go to their house and buy it. If you're not close they might have another office or they might know of a different buyer in the area.

Comment

Cut the catalytic converters off. They could be worth several hundred themselves.

Comment

When dealing with any scrap yard make sure you pick the guy with the smallest "manhood". That way when he climbs off of you, you wont be hurting as bad. Not really how the saying goes but that is a pg as I can make it.

Comment

Working...
                      X