Making a switch to a single pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a switch to a single pin

You guys who have made the switch from a multi pin sight to a single pin. Just wondering what sight y'all recommend. Thinking about making the switch from a 5 pin spot hogg. Did y'all switch back or stick with the decision?

Also looking for a Mathews z7 if anyone has one they wanna let go of.

CBE Tek Hybrid single pin

Comment

I switched to a HHA single pin 5 years ago, and I've never looked back!

Comment

I made the switch about 3 years ago and have not looked back. I started out with an HHA optimizer which was very nice. I switched to the CBE Tek Hybrid Pro because its easier to cut range tapes for different arrow weights. I'm not trying to push a brand, I shoot whatever I can get the best deal on!

Some people make a big deal about having to dial the sight while hunting, but it doesn't bother me. I pre-range all of my shot opportunities and know where my sight needs to be for those areas. I love having an open sight housing that isn't crowded with a lot of pins.

Comment

HHA king pin, I like the sight but had to modify it a bit to work for me. And the hard ware ( bolts and nuts) rust easy. But it has the brightest sight of any of them without using a add on light. Which I added a zbros light to hunt pigs at night down there , but can't use it here. Now that I have had it for three years, I don't see myself ever going back to a multi pin sight. The single pin sight is the second best thing I have done archery wise, the first best, going to a thumb release.
          Last edited by critter69; 06-24-2018, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I’m shooting an hha kingpin. I love it but also missed the biggest buck of my life last year because I forgot to redial. Just food for thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              HHA king pin, I like the sight but had to modify it a bit to work for me. And the hard ware ( bolts and nuts) rust easy. But it has the brightest sight of any of them without using a add on light. Which I added a zbros light to hunt pigs at night down there , but can't use it here. Now that I have had it for three years, I don't see myself ever going back to a multi pin sight. The single pin sight is the second best thing I have done archery wise, the first best, going to a thumb release.
              Same here!

Comment

Thank y'all. I've also thought about going to a thumb release. Just have used my current release for the last 15years so never saw a need to switch. I'm going to look into the sights y'all mentioned.

Comment

I have had two Black Gold Ascent single pins and an HHA XL5519. I like the wheel of the Black Gold better, and the auto dark fiber cover works well. The HHA was so bright I had the manual rheostat almost closed even in shaded woods, so that was nice, not worrying about seeing the pin in low light.

Comment

I bought a used Synergy here, it came with a single pin. I must have looked back because the first time I lost an arrow I replaced it with a MBG 5 pin, and then.....never looked back

Comment

I have a Viper which has a single vertical post with two pins on it. The first pin is set for 20 and the lower is fixed which is good at 40 yards for most bows. To shoot 30 you can adjust or simply shoot the gap between the two. That's my preference and it's very effective.

Beyond that, it's adjustable out to 100 yards. If spot and stalk hunting in the west you could set it for 40 and your lower would be good for 60.

Comment

Household of 3 HHAs here

Comment

HHA here.

Skinny

Comment

There are 2 things I've done that have helped my accuracy with a bow. First was go to a single pin. I've tried 3 pins and 5 pins and my brain just can't seem to focus on them. I bought my single pin back in 2000. it has a slider on it to adjust for the velocity of the arrow and when you set it for that velocity and then sight your bow in at a known distance you are good from 20-70 yds. I haven't seen one for sale in years and don't remember who made it. Second was I had panic target release. I tried several different thumb releases and while they were an improvement they weren't the answer. I found a Stan Shoot Off on ebay and it has been the best $160 dollars I every spent on archery equipment. The let off on it can be adjusted to a point where it would compete with the best rifle triggers out there. It is that good. that is great for target shooting but not always so good for hunting. There is a learning curve and you have to be focused and aware of your nock point but once you adjust it becomes second nature. I love mine and shoot better because of them.

Comment

Hha

Comment

Working...
                              X