• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way!

Comment

Headed down in June with the family.

Comment

Stay as FAR away from Mexico as you possibly can! It’s far too dangerous to visit there, much less hunt over there!

Comment

There’s been some recent documented cases of what seems to be methanol consumption from the booze being served at some of the resorts. I’m too tired right now to find the links but numerous cases of women blacking out on a chaise lounge and waking hours later with no memory of what happened. Or waking up in their room with no idea how they got there with their clothes in disarray and weird scrapes and bruises.

One report that really made me notice was a story of a mother and daughter at one of the resorts. Mom leaves daughter in room. Comes back a while later and she is missing. She flags down a security guard who doesn’t speak English (of course) and they race all over the resort on a golf cart looking for her. By chance the mom has him swing back by the room and she sees two guys dragging the daughter back into the room. Daughter is groggy, barely conscious and doesn’t know what happened to her. It’s obvious the employees at the resort are complicit. The local police don’t give a sh**. and are in the cartel’s pockets.... also, when these people need medical assistance the hotel staff is uncooperative and you have to find your own way to a local hospital where they demand payment in cash.

I believe the cartels are directly involved and the locals are all in on it. Do your own research and I think you’ll see that there may be better places to go other then Mexico this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

just don't go to the small towns, stay in the city

Comment

Originally posted by Ga Hunter View Post
              Isla Mujeres off the coast of Cancun. Went in September and I felt more safe there than in the US.
              Hard to beat Isla! its our favorite place, Always feel safe there. Cancun is like being in Houston! fly in and out of there, but would not stay.

Comment

Originally posted by PoohDaddy View Post
                Hard to beat Isla! its our favorite place, Always feel safe there. Cancun is like being in Houston! fly in and out of there, but would not stay.
                This. The rural areas a long the coastline are awesome. Cancun is just another city.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                  Yes, Destin beaches are stellar and I've been many times. Been to the Atlantic side a few times as well.

With that said, Florida (even the Keys) isn't even comparable for Scuba diving to places like Cozumel, Cayman, Belize, Jamaica, etc.

So while the USA does have some good beaches, one can't say that Mexico and the Caribbean, don't have things to offer the USA doesn't. Year-round tropical weather as well.

I would also agree, I-10 East from TX to Florida is brutal. Lots of big-rig traffic most the way, tons of wrecks, etc.
                  I’m surprised no one has mentioned Hawaii. I only have experience on Maui but it has insane beaches, scuba and snorkel, volcanos, GOOD food, year round tropical weather, axis - mouflon- and hog hunting, and is still in the US. Expensive yes but by far the best tropical vacation I’ve been on.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
                    I’m surprised no one has mentioned Hawaii. I only have experience on Maui but it has insane beaches, scuba and snorkel, volcanos, GOOD food, year round tropical weather, axis - mouflon- and hog hunting, and is still in the US. Expensive yes but by far the best tropical vacation I’ve been on.
                    I think that's what it boils down to. Once you factor in price no where else really compares to the Caribbean side of Mexico. World class diving, fishing, and relaxation for a fraction of what it cost in Florida and Hawaii. I can go down to Xcalak, fish for a week with a guide, dive if I want to and the total trip wouldn't be that much more than what it costs to get to Hawaii.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                      Hell, i plan to retire to Mexico, Panama or Coasta Rica one day!
                      panama is awesome. Have you considered Honduras?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        I think that's what it boils down to. Once you factor in price no where else really compares to the Caribbean side of Mexico. World class diving, fishing, and relaxation for a fraction of what it cost in Florida and Hawaii. I can go down to Xcalak, fish for a week with a guide, dive if I want to and the total trip wouldn't be that much more than what it costs to get to Hawaii.
                        Not to mention a 2 1/2 hour flight from Texas.
                        To answer your question yes I would go and have many times recently. I have a group of about 60 friends and family going Memorial weekend to Playa. The only reason my wife daughter and I are not going is we just got back from another trip throughout the Caribbean.

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
                          There’s been some recent documented cases of what seems to be methanol consumption from the booze being served at some of the resorts. I’m too tired right now to find the links but numerous cases of women blacking out on a chaise lounge and waking hours later with no memory of what happened. Or waking up in their room with no idea how they got there with their clothes in disarray and weird scrapes and bruises.

One report that really made me notice was a story of a mother and daughter at one of the resorts. Mom leaves daughter in room. Comes back a while later and she is missing. She flags down a security guard who doesn’t speak English (of course) and they race all over the resort on a golf cart looking for her. By chance the mom has him swing back by the room and she sees two guys dragging the daughter back into the room. Daughter is groggy, barely conscious and doesn’t know what happened to her. It’s obvious the employees at the resort are complicit. The local police don’t give a sh**. and are in the cartel’s pockets.... also, when these people need medical assistance the hotel staff is uncooperative and you have to find your own way to a local hospital where they demand payment in cash.

I believe the cartels are directly involved and the locals are all in on it. Do your own research and I think you’ll see that there may be better places to go other then Mexico this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Yup you are pretty much on your own if things don't go good. I'm not leaving any of my money there for the cartel to get their cut. They guard the tourists so they will keep coming. I guess a quarter of century in law enforcement has made me overly cautious and skeptical. Maybe, maybe not, but I get to have my 'pew pew' here. More time at the ranch, be careful out there or over or down there everyone.

Comment

Sure... I've been plenty and would go back... no issues.

Comment

Yes I would go in a heartbeat, France is a very dangerous place and the people are jerks
                              Till they want something! Mexico is a walk in the park compaird to some of the places I have been and things seen ( try riding a bus across Libya) the resorts in Mexico are owned by the super wealthy
                              And I love going all over the country
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-26-2018, 02:46 PM.

Comment

It's an easy flight - and easy to have a great time. Which I have had many times. Look forward to the opportunity to go again.

Comment

Working...
                                X